12/14/05

Introductions are in order

Hello! My name is Arlene. I have been wanting to set up a blogger account for quite some time, but for some reason I've kept procrastinating -- bad, bad, bad I know! I was previously using a different blogging host, so I'll be transferring old posts over to this site shortly.  {I'm re-dating this post to show first in the archives though I'm actually writing this in July 2006.}

If you want to know a little more about me, feel free to keep reading...

My husband and I currently live in Japan and are expecting our first child. (Oh, my dad is retired Air Force, in case you're wondering how I made it on to this continent).
I have been here over 11 years now, and we are actually getting ready to leave this island.

Although we won't be moving until January, I think I should begin preparing myself now, because this place has been my home for so long. It's amazing how attached I have become to a country that isn't really "mine." It will be difficult to leave here, but I know the Lord is at work in our lives. As worried as I am about moving, I am looking forward to getting our new orders, and learning to make the next base our "home."

After all, "Home is where the Air Force sends us!"

I only pray I will remain ever joyful throughout the process...


Posted July '06