8/9/06

4 Things

I have probably done this survey a million times on my old blog (everyone calls them memes here on Blogger... how is that pronounced anyway? Does it rhyme with theme, game, or....? I probably sound really dumb asking, but I just have to know, LOL). Anyway, I figured that since Kristi tagged me, I would do it once on here anyway. Plus, I have a few new friends here, so maybe y'all would like to know a bit about me. If you don't, feel free to skip this post, LOL! :o)

Four jobs I have had in my life
1. Baby sitting for friends and neighbors
2. Cashier/waitress at the golf course snack bar
3. Receptionist/data clerk at Navy PSD (Personnel Support Detachment)
4. Monitor for elementary (grades 3-5) and K-5 at our church's school (Faith Baptist Academy)... I'm fixin' to do that job again at the end of this month

I'm adding one -- technically two -- okay?
5. I'm also a wife soon-to-be mom :~) Probably my favorite jobs

Four movies I could watch over and over
(why can't this say 4 CDs I would listen to over and over???)
1. Anne of Green Gables
2. Anne of Avonlea
3. 7 Brides for 7 Brothers
4. Anything else that's actually clean (not much, I know)

Four Places I have lived
1. San Vito AFB, Italy
2. Ft. Meade, MD (this one's actually an Army post)
3. Odenton, MD
4. Misawa AB, Japan... and we're fixin' to move in January

Four things I like to do
1. Spend time with my hubby
2. Laugh,
3. Talk,
4. Shop, and eat with my friends -- real soon, Laura!!!!!!
(Okay, I'm bad at keeping within the regulated numbers...)

Four places I have been on vacation
1. Niagara Falls
2. Mackinac Island
3. Franklin, WI... plus a whole bunch of other states for a family reunion
4. Tokyo, Japan

Four websites I visit daily
1. Yahoo
2. I'm going to cheat
3. and just say I visit
4. Blogger, LOL!

Four of my favorite foods
1. Anything my mom makes
2. Sherry's food
3. All kinds of oriental dishes
4. Italian


Four places I would like to be right now
1. The commissary, because I need a few items... but Nathan has the car, so I have to wait until he gets off of work, lol
2.
Anywhere with my husband
3. Mt. Home, Idaho visiting Laura and meeting her son

4.
Just about anywhere in Italy
Four friends I think will respond
1. Mrs. B
2. Jessica (you never did it on myspace!) :P
3. Tammy
4. Amy

7 comments:

Happymama said...

Ok, Arlene, we're living parallel lives here. You mentioned on my blog about your church being Faith Baptist and you were doing Peanut Butter Christmas and so forth. That was crazy enough. But then, you mention in this post that Seven Brides For Seven Brothers was one movie you could watch over and over again. I have that movie and actually watched it last night. LOL Too weird, huh? My favorite part of the movie is when they kidnap the girls and Gideon is meowing outside the window. Of course, there are a LOT of funny parts to that movie. I'm afraid I've seen it so many times that I can almost recite the entire movie. My least favorite part is when Adam leaves and the boys are outside chopping wood singing "I'm a mean ole' hound dog....." and dancing around with their axes. That was just too much right there. LOL

~Kristi

Rachel said...

You've lived in Odenton???? That is SO WEIRD!!! I have a friend who just moved there last week to be a teacher in a Christian school. I can't remember the name, but it's in a Baptist church.

How cool is that? :)

Oh, by the way....meme is pronounced with a short e...rhymes with "them". I didn't know either, so I looked it up on Google. :o)

Amy said...

Thanks for tagging me Arlene :) I'll try to put mine up later today.

Mrs.B. said...

Hi Arlene:
Thanks for the tag! (o:

I won't be able to do mine until tomorrow because Mrs. R does the posting on Thursdays! I'll do it on Friday though.

Arlene said...

Oh my goodness, Kristi! That is so crazy -- you mentioned both my favorite funny part AND the part I usually fast-forward through!!!! I wonder what else we will have in common.... This is getting a little creepy, LOL! :P
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Rachel, is your friend going to teach at Odenton Christian School? If so, that would be really neat, because that's where I used to go to school and attend church!!! I'm dying to know, LOL!

Hehehe, thanks for looking up meme for me. At least I know I'm not the only one who didn't know how to say it :o)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Amy and Mrs. B,
I look forward to reading your memes! (yay! Now I can pronounce it properly, LOL)

Anne said...

Arlene~ I'll answer for Rachel:)... I noticed you lived in Odenton and was going to comment when I saw Rachel beat me to it:D. Our friend is going to be teaching at Odenton Baptist Church... would that be the same thing as Odenton Christian School? As you said on my blog, it *is* a small world after all;o). Now all you have to do is come visit us in Pennsylvania or us go to Japan:P.

Arlene said...

Wow, Anne! Yes, while we were stationed in MD, I attended Odenton Baptist Church, and was enrolled in the school. How neat that your friend is fixin' to be a teacher there! I wonder if any of my old teachers still work there... hmmm, I should do some searching. :~) At the risk of wearing the phrase out, it really really really IS a small world, LOL!