8/23/06

Dawn made me do it

Well, Dawn tagged me for this meme (only she didn't tell me, and it was a complete accident that I found out, LOL). It's one I think I actually haven't done, so... here goes!

1. Grab the book nearest to you, turn to page 18, and find line 4:
The main effect of oral contraception is inhibition of ovulation. Furthermore the changes in the cervical mucus and the endometrium are considered to be of importance to contraceptive effectiveness. ("Does the Birth Control Pill cause Abortions?" by Randy Alcorn)

2. Stretch your left arm out as far as you can right side:

I touched the window frame

left side: was I supposed to do that with my right arm or my left arm again? Whatever, either way I touched the bed. :)

3. What is the last thing you watched on TV?

30 Minute Meals with Rachael Ray :P (I record it in the mornings, and then watch it when I get home from work... not that I'm addicted or anything, LOL)


4. Without looking, guess what time it is:
5:30pm

5. Now look at the clock.

5:33pm


6. With the exception of the computer, what can you hear?
The fan blowing on high. Airplanes nearby (hello, we live on an airbase) :P


7. When did you last step outside?
When I left to drop books off to my husband (for his college class tonight).


8. Before you started this survey, what did you look at?
I was looking at Dawn's blog


9. What are you wearing?
v-neck shirt with pink, white, black, and peach-ish stripes; white tank-top underneath; khaki skirt; we don't wear shoes in the house, and it's too hot for slippers. 


10. Did you dream last night?
I'm pretty sure I did... I just can't remember right now

11. When did you last laugh?

When I read Dawn's post about her "missing" salt shaker. :o) Hilarious!

12. What is on the walls of the room you are in?

Picures from when we went with our church singles group to the Sapporo Ice Festival last year (we were still in the singles group and hadn't started courting yet, in case you're wondering); pictures from our trip the States when we visited some friends; pictures of us when we were stuck in Tokyo and had to sleep in the airport. :o) Good times, hehehe. A calendar; small bulletin board with phone numbers posted; a clock.
 

13. Seen anything weird lately?
Not that I currently remember

15. What is the last film you saw?

Ummmm... My Favorite Wife (with Cary Grant and... I just forgot the woman's name). It was pretty cute.

16. If you became a multi-millionaire overnight, what would you buy?
After paying our tithe, we'd give a bunch to the church for the renovations we're doing on the parking lot, increase our monthly Faith Promise amount (missions' giving), help support Jason and Adele as they prepare for the mission field, help my parents finish paying back their debt, buy stuff for the baby, get some furniture, put aside money so we could buy (or build) a house... ehhhh, and other things, I'm sure. :o)


17. Tell me something about you that I don't know.
My Airman and I got engaged exactly 1 month after we started courting (and were married 2 months and 9 days later).

18. If you could change one thing about the world, regardless of guilt or politics, what would you do?

You can't make a decision for a change in the world without involving some sort of politics. I'd have a lot of things changed. (i.e., abolishing abortion, making marriage between 1 man and 1 woman for 1 life, etc)

19. Do you like to dance?
I'd like to learn to ballroom dance... you know, waltzes and things like that.


20. George W Bush:
I voted for him. I would vote for him all over again.

21. Imagine your first child is a girl, what do you call her?

I am imagining our first child is a girl... I should be able to find out in a few more weeks! Oh, and I'm not telling you her name :P


22. Imagine your first child is a boy, what do you call him?
I'm not telling you his name, either :P

They both start with the letter "c" -- that's your hint :o)


23. Would you ever consider living abroad?
Ummm... I'm in Japan, and I married an airman. Does that answer your question? ;o)

24. What do you want God to say to you when you reach the pearly gate?
As everyone else has said, I'd like to hear, "Well done thou good and faithful servant; enter thou into the joy of the Lord"

25. Four or Five people you want to do this quiz on their blog:

What? Only 5 people? Hmmmm....
Mrs. B.
Amy (if she's not too busy with her other interests ;o) hehehe)
Tammy
Rebecca
Kristi
And anyone else who wants to do it :~)

9 comments:

Rhonda said...

I love reading memes!
I think the actress in that movie is Irene Dunn. I saw a Doris Day remake and they refer to "my favorite wife" and Irene Dunn. I'd like to see the original, although the remake is very funny.

R

Happymama said...

I did mine for ya. :) Thanks for tagging me.

~Kristi

Mrs.B. said...

I did mine too! (o:

Arlene said...

hehehe, I love reading memes, too! I didn't know there was a remake; I'll have to look into renting it from Netflix, I guess.

I'm glad you all did your memes! :~)

Elly said...

Hi Arlene...I'm new to blogger, but have been blogging since last March. I am closing my blog over at another community, because I love the warmth displayed here that was missing there! Anyway....I like your blog very much. I actually 'lifted' this from Tammy (lovetocrochetandknit), because being new, I figured it would take A LONG TIME for anyone to know me well enough to tag me! Have a blessed day.

Rebecca said...

I did mine, too!

Another movie with Irene Dunn that I LOVED is "I Remember Mama". You should get it from Netflix. You will cry - it's a real tearjerker. But I won't tell you anything else in case you haven't seen it yet! :D

Rhonda said...

BTW, the remake is called "Move over, Darling!

Can you get netflix in Japan? How did you do that?

R

Arlene said...

Oooh, nice to meet you, Elly! I love meeting new people on here, LOL! I'll tag you next time, okay? :P
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Rebecca, I will have to order that one from Netflix. I was supposed to cancel the subscription this month... but guess I'll wait until next month, LOL!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Rhonda, Netflix ships overseas to us, but I think it's because we are military and have an APO box, which is sorta like an address in the States. Basically, we can get anything from the States... it just takes a little longer is all. It's not too bad, actually; it takes about 6 days for the DVDs to get here, and there is much more selection online than there is here at the BX, so it's worth the wait!

Amy said...

LOL! I just saw now that you tagged me :( My other interests have been keeping me pretty busy these days, heh heh!