8/29/06

How hot is it?!

Some of these are corny, but many of them are completely true (I admit to the 2-fingered steering!) -- at least for a few more weeks anyway! Fall is almost here!

  • The birds have to use potholders to pull worms out of the ground.
  • The best parking place is determined by shade instead of distance.
  • Hot water now comes out of both taps.
  • You can make sun tea instantly.
  • You learn that a seat belt buckle makes a pretty good branding iron.
  • The temperature drops below 95* and you feel a little chilly.
  • You discover that, in August, it only takes 2 fingers to steer your car.
  • You discover that you can get sunburned through your car window.
  • You actually burn your hand opening the car door.
  • You break into a sweat the instant you step outside -- at 7:30am
  • Your biggest bicycle wreck fear is, "what if I get knocked out and end up lying on the pavement and cook to death?!"
  • You realize that asphalt has a liquid state.
  • The potatoes cook underground, so all you have to do is pull one out, add butter, salt, and pepper.
  • Farmers are feeding their chickens crushed ice to keep them from laying boiled eggs.
  • The cows are giving evaporated milk.

STAY COOL!

7 comments:

Happymama said...

Arlene, those are hilarious. I don't even know which one is my favorite. I think it had to be the last two for sure. But they were all good. Honestly, Sunday afternoon, I chose a parking space at church under a tree....NO LIE! LOL

~Kristi

Rachel said...

LOL! My favorite is "You break into a sweat the instant you step outside -- at 7:30am" That happens to me all the time! Of course, humidity could have something to do with it too. :o)

www.rachammett.blogspot.com

Samantha said...

Those were too funny! I wish it was still hot around here. Fall is coming too fast for me :)

BTW, when is your due date? It sounds like it's getting pretty close.

Mrs.B. said...

These were so funny! I liked the first one! (o:

Arlene said...

LOL, I liked all of them, but I laughed hardest at the ones that are actually true (like the 2-fingered driving, and parking choices)! Oh, and the seat buckle making a good branding iron!!! Did that the other day... not fun!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Samantha, fall is approaching quickly, but the sun is still scorching for the last few days of summer! I am due in February... time is flying by, but I still have quite a ways to go!

abrightnewdawn said...

I loved these!! I live in the desert, so it is especially true for me!!
I was teasing my sister just today as she was complaining because it was a gloomy, cool, cloudy day. I said well, I can see one little bitty baby cloud way far off over the mountain, it's 11:31am, and it's 104 degrees. She's like, "Oh. Well. Have a good day!!"
I tried. ;)
Actually the 95 thing was funniest to me. We had a week about 2 weeks ago where it was 90's for like 3 days, and it felt GREAT!!
(sorry so long, I loved those!!)

Mrs. C said...

These are too cute! I can't wait for fall to arrive!