8/22/06

I'm not dead!

Just busy... things have been incredibly busy since I last signed on.

A while back, Pastor asked me if I would be willing to work in the school again this year. I have pretty much worked in our Christian academy every year since 2003 (which was when I graduated from the school, LOL... and I thought that once I graduated, I would be able to leave school behind forever!), with a few short breaks here and there. Even though we are supposed to PCS during the middle of the school year, there is no one to work in the K-5, so after talking it over with my husband (and the Lord), I accepted the position again.

All of the monitors began working yesterday, to give us a week's time for preparation before the children begin classes. Last time I worked in the K-5 was 2 years ago, and I have to say the room was a complete mess when I came back to it!!! Who knew how much *JUNK* could accumulate in a room?! When the school year finished, the Sunday School class took over the room, so that was the main cause for my frustration... I discovered many, many books, papers, and other Sunday school paraphernalia sitting around gathering dust and mildew! It was a disaster in that room! I'm beginning to realize how Kristi has been feeling while cleaning up the church, LOL! :o)

Well, I'm not even halfway done with this post, but the phone just rang -- my honey needs me to pick him up from work. I just wanted to let y'all know I hadn't abandoned you, LOL! I miss my blogging friends, and I have a lot of catching up to do with bloglines!

6 comments:

Mrs.B. said...

I was wondering about you....glad to know you're ok, just busy! (o:

Amy said...

Sounds like you've had a lot to do. Good to "hear" from you again!

Happymama said...

I was wondering what had happened to you. Glad you were able to post a little something today.
Next week I'll be tackling the room at OUR church. I noticed, the last time I was in there, that there were papers and letters to our Pastor's dad from 1972. I was ONE when those were sent to him. LOL Of course I did not throw them away. But I'll definitely have to find a special place for them.
Anyway, glad to know you're all right and just busy.

~Kristi

Arlene said...

Oooh, Mrs. B, I love your new display pic! Glad to hear you were thinking about me :o)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Amy, I'm glad that your homeschooling is getting off to a good start. And, of course, it's good to hear from you, too! :P
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Kristi, sounds as if things are even busier for you than they are for me! I don't know how you could raise 3 kids, take care of your hubby, clean the church, and STILL have time to post! LOL :o) I can't believe that you found those letters after all these years!!!

Happymama said...

LOL, that's one of the reasons I'm up until 2:00 AM...LOL My mother doesn't find that funny. LOL

I'm working on that though.

~Kristi

Arlene said...

LOL, well, at least you're honest :P