4/26/06

Enjoying the stillness

I may not have any biological children yet, but Monday - Friday from 0745 to 1230, I have 6 of them! (Hey, wouldn't that be great? Having all six of my kids and getting to skip the morning sickness and labor? :P) I do enjoy working with these children... watching them grow up... getting to be a part of their lives. I am really going to miss this when we PCS. Where else am I going to find such a job at our next base? Well, I'm hoping we'll have kids by then, so I won't need to be worrying about working anyway!

"My" kids are at break for the next 15 minutes... It's nice, because it gives me a little break, as well.

Ahhhh... peace and quiet.

In a world that's constantly bombarding us with noise, busyness, and activities, sometimes it is absolutely necessary for us to "get away from it all." Wouldn't you agree?

I mean, who doesn't need those few moments of quiet?

I know that when I have actually taken the time to remove myself from everyone and everything -- whether that means taking a little detour to enjoy the scenery, or slipping into a soothing tub full of bubbles -- I am always refreshed and rejuvenated.

When I'm really struggling with something, those moments of quiet are especially helpful, because that's when the Lord is actually -- FINALLY! -- able to get a hold of me. I think that when I'm so busy running around, the Lord must get frustrated with me because I can't seem to hear Him above the hurried sounds around me. It's a wonder He is ever able to speak to me sometimes.

I'm so glad we have the God of another chance -- He's not the God of second chances, as some like to say... praise Him for that! If He only gave us a second chance, I surely would have run out of them a looooooong time ago!! Thank God that His mercies are new every morning!

Anyway, breaktime is over. It's still quite peaceful up here, though; my children are done with the "noisy" subjects (like Bible -- imagine six children, each singing a different song, all at the same time, and all at the top of their lungs... definitely not the quietest way to start my mornings, lol). They are dutifully watching their videos and working diligently...

I love when they behave.

No comments: