9/28/06

It's a....

Well, we had our ultrasound yesterday... I had to drink a ton of fluids before my appt, and by the time I went in to the room, I had to "GO"!!! But, the first part of he ultrasound had to be done with a full bladder, so I had to wait patiently (with my legs crossed tightly, LOL!). So, anyway, I guess I'll quit delaying this and just tell you that we're having a... boy! I never really had a "feeling" about what the baby was; it seemed to go back and forth, I guess. My Airman said that meant we were having twins.

I told him he wasn't allowed to say that word around me! :o)

I would post a picture, but we were only given one, we don't have a scanner, and the man who did the ultrasound gave us a picture of... the baby's heart. Yes, you read that right. A close-up of the heart. Not a foot, face, or fist... the heart. Don't get me wrong; I'm extremely happy our baby's got a healthy looking heart. It's just... well, I think we'd like something a little more interesting to look at than the 4 arteries/cavities that make up the heart. There were some other things about the technician's bedside manner that we didn't enjoy or appreciate, but oh well. I'm glad I won't have to go see that guy again!

I just noticed that this is my 100th post (though, technically I "cheated" since I relocated some of my posts from my old blog onto here). I'm glad I was able to post something interesting for you! (well, maybe it's not interesting for you -- Hey! Look, Rachel! You are not the only one who loves to use parenthesis and exclamation points!!!) :P

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOL! I'm glad you like them too! I remember one time I got a note from my aunt, and in the sixteen or so sentences that she wrote, all but one ended in an exclamation point. Maybe that's where I get it from. :D

Congratulations! Now you can start buying (or making) all kinds of cute little blue things! Are you disclosing a name....or is that a secret till Baby arrives?
:o)

Mrs.B. said...

Congratulations!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Congrats on your baby boy and his healthy strong heart.......lol. :) Really, though, that is so exciting! My sister and brothers are all trying for boys, but so far, no luck, just six girls.

Jessica said...

Yeah! I'm having a nephew! I promise, I'll treat him better than I treated Nathan! :D ha ha

Funny you mentioned the word "twins." Someone at work asked if you were having twins and quickly said, "The world would not be able to handle TWO miniature Nathans at the same time! One little Nathan at a time is good b/c we have time to adapt and get "re-energized!" :D ha ha ha

I'll have to ask Mom where Nathan's little red "Here Comes Trouble" shirt is! I know she saved it. That thing belongs in a museum with a list of the things he got into as a lad. ;)

Amy said...

Congratulations, that's so exciting Arlene!!

Rebecca said...

How exciting! Josiah will have a little cousin to pal around with whenever we're together. :)

Anne said...

How exciting that y'all are going to have a boy:o) I am the proud auntie of five nephews (so far); six if you count Baby Dillon! Congratulations!!! When will you sweet bundle arrive?

Happymama said...

Ohhhhhhhh, a little boy. Congratulations. I'm so happy for y'all. I know he'll be blessed.

Hey, you can carry that little heart in your Bible and pray for it every single day, that the Lord will one day lead it to Him. How sweet! ;)

Are y'all going for one of those 3-D or 4-D pictures of the baby? I've heard of those. That would be so cool!! They were just coming out with those when I was pregnant with Harrison. So we still just got the black fuzzy looking blob pictures. LOL

~Kristi

HsKubes said...

Congratulations!
How exciting!
I know what you mean about the on base techs. We had one that only gave us one or two prints, where with a previous baby, a civilian gave us all kinds of prints.
But either way, it sure is special when we can 'see' that little miracle growing inside! How precious!

~ Christina
HsKubes HomeSchool Haven
HsKubes Haven for Home
Christian Military HomeSchool Mamas

Adele said...

Congratulations! Little boys are great - I should know since I have two!

ROANNE said...

Whaaaaaaaaaaaat, a boy? I thought for sure it was gonna be a girl. Oh well, now you know never to ask me for lottery numbers. LOL Anyways, CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!! =D I'm so so so happy for you two! So, have you thought of any names yet?

Anonymous said...

Hi there Arlene.... you don't know me, and it doesn't seem you blog here very often any more, but I just had to say something. I found your blog tonight based off a google search someone did to find my blog... and when looking at the search that person did, saw that looking for me brought up your blog. (Sorry if that's confusing :grin:) It turns out you had quoted part of an tidbit I wrote a while back. :) But as I peruse your blog, I'm amazed at how much we have in common... I feel like I should have known you before. I'm not sure if you'll get this any time soon, but if you do, I'd love it if you left a quick note saying so (on my blog, or use the email link there)... it's just mind boggling how many commonalities I've found looking through your site. :)