9/8/06

Morning person no longer...

I have never had a problem with lack of sleep; I've always been the kind of person that can get by with just a few hours of sleep (or less!). When my best friend would sleep over at my house, we'd gab, giggle, and goof off until the wee hours of the morning. A few hours later, I'd always be the first one up -- cheerful and ready to face the day. There were many times I'd be humming, singing, and just chatting away! It got to the point where my friend would just give me "the look" and I'd immediately shut up! ;o) After showering and eating breakfast, my perkiness didn't seem to bother her so much then. I have to admit, my friend wasn't the only one who wanted to kill me in the mornings; my brother would be seriously annoyed with me as I jauntily flitted about the house to get ready for the day.

This morning I realized I'm not the early riser I once was. We stayed up late last night because My Airman needed to work on his speech outline for his class he is taking here on the base. I had to stay up, too, because if my husband had stayed up to type his outline out, well... let's just say he'd probably still be typing. ;o) He admits that typing, English, and using Microsoft Word are not exactly his strong points; hence the reason he's so glad he married me! :o)

At any rate, I didn't get to bed until nearly midnight. Even though I was exhausted, it took f-o-r-e-v-e-r for me to fall asleep. Then, My Airman had to be at work before 0545, so the alarm went off incredibly early! As if that wasn't bad enough, shortly after he left for work, I heard Abby... um... well, throwing up. I had to get up in 10 minutes anyway, so I figured I would just try to rest as much as I could. Then, when I finally got out of bed, I headed to grab the carpet cleaner and the garbage can, I discovered a different sort of "present" Abby left behind. It definitely wasn't fun cleaning those up first thing in the morning.

So, yeah... I used to be a morning person... I think things have been changing slowly and I'm becoming less and less of one. Maybe one day I'll be the same again... of course, with a baby on the way, and (Lord-willing) more in the future it might be a while!

6 comments:

Happymama said...

Arlene, I truly believe this is God's way of letting us get some rest before our babies come, because goodness knows you won't get it after. LOL

All three of mine are out of their "baby stage" but still get me up in the middle of the nights. Whether sick, hungry, thirsty, etc.

This too shall pass......after delivery. LOL

~Kristi

Laura said...

Enjoy enjoy enjoy all the sleep you can get now. It's 830am and Im tiiiired!!! Kyle only woke me up once last night, but that one time he did..I couldnt even go back to sleep for another 2 hours. And of course, he's up by 8am everyday. You just get used to those beautiful bags underneath your eyes ;)

Amy said...

I've never been so exhausted as I was when I was pregnant. Even with a newborn and less sleep at night I felt more perky! I wish I was a morning person :) I rarely wake up easily and when I do I just want to be *left alone* (this doesn't mix well with three little children!)

Mrs. C said...

I realized when I was pregnant with my first child that I would never feel truly rested again!

I've always been a morning person, too, but now I have a tendency to d-r-a-g out of bed.

Now DH and I joking advise newleyweds to go to bed at 8:00 every night and sleep every spare minute they can get. Once the kiddos arrive, you never again are caught up on your rest.

Like Kristi said, the kids will still keep you up as they grow older. You'll probably become a very light sleeper, too! However, my little blessings are worth way more than a good night's sleep. ((smiling))

Tammy said...

Ah, I've never been a morning person. Never, ever, ever. I love to sleep! :O)

Arlene said...

Well, at least I know this is normal now. Glad to hear I'm not the only non-morning person, hehehe :P