9/13/06

Movement and a mishap

I've finally started feeling the baby move! :o) The first time I realized that I was feeling the baby was on the 4th (Labor Day), shortly before I fell asleep. I'm not sure if I felt any movement before then, but last Monday was the first time the thought occurred to me that the baby was moving. He/she moved just once, so it was hard to be certain that it was the baby. The next day, I had the same feeling before falling asleep. Again, only one time -- it felt as if someone took their finger and traced a line up my belly, but from the inside... does that make sense? lol, I don't know, but that's how I can explain it -- so I knew then that what I had felt on Monday really was the baby.

I read somewhere that women begin feeling movement around 16 weeks and later, but for the first pregnancy, most women feel movement in the latter part of the time-frame. I figured I wouldn't feel anything for another few weeks, so I was surprised to feel something when I hadn't even hit my 17-week-mark!

I didn't feel anything again for several days -- almost a week. But then, Sunday morning, I started feeling him/her move again during Pastor's sermon. I told Pastor that the baby must have been saying "Amen" to his preaching; Pastor replied, "Sounds as if you've got a bapti-costal in there!" :P

My Airman is upset that he hasn't been around/able to feel anything yet. The first few times the baby moved, I told him that he wouldn't be able to feel anything from the outside, so it wasn't a big deal. Now, though, I can feel little kicks/bumps/whatever while my hand is resting on my stomach. Every time I tell my husband that the baby was moving around like crazy during the day, he pooches his lip, puts his hand on my stomach, and says, "I want to feel something!" I think he's feeling left out :o( Awwww, my poor hubby! Oh, well. Soon enough he will feel something, I'm sure. :o)

3 comments:

Tammy said...

Aw, how fun. :)

Adele said...

Feeling the baby move is one of the best experiences about being pregnant. It is always weird to not feel any movement after the baby is born b/c I am so used to it.

It always takes Jason a while to feel the baby move too. I think part of it is because we feel it on the inside and outside and they only get it from one side! Also, I think they expect a foot to come poking out or something! :)

Arlene said...

I think you're right; because we feel the baby both inside and outside, it's easier for us to tell when the baby's moving. LOL about the poking foot! :P