3/21/06

Secret Revealed

I found this lovely story, and thought I would share it with you all, as well! Nathan even liked reading it. Now, everytime we get into an argument he asks, "That's one of the ten things, right?" He has the most helpless and hopeful look in his eye that I can't help but laugh! ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
On her golden wedding anniversary, my grandmother revealed the secret of her long and happy marriage. 'On my wedding day, I decided to choose ten of my husband's faults which, for the sake of our marriage, I would overlook,' she explained. A guest asked her to name some of the faults. 'To tell the truth,' she replied, 'I never did get around to listing them. But whenever my husband did something that made me hopping mad, I would say to myself, 'Lucky for him that's one of the ten.'" ~Roderick McFarlane, in Reader's Digest, December, 1992.

1 comment:

Samantha said...

I've heard that story somewhere before. Very cute!