5/18/06

Sweet sleep

For some reason, I was in a serious "house-wife" mood today. (I wish I would "feel like it" more often!) When I came home I decided that I was going to clean the entire house top to bottom; I actually got most of it done, too!

I did almost all of the laundry, cleaned the stove and oven -- I even cleaned the burner holders and got underneath the stovetop! -- wiped down all of the counters, and did a quick swipe of the fridge. I finished off the kitchen by sweeping and mopping the floor.

Ahhhhh... I love my pretty, shiny tiles, hehehe ;o)

Afterward, I scrubbed down the bathtub, spritzed the mirror, wiped out the sink, and cleaned the toilet. Then there were just a few more things left on my "to-do" list: wash the throw rugs, re-organize our bedroom closet, clean out our bookshelf, re-organize the office.

I finished off my cleaning session with vacuuming the entire house -- I moved all of the furniture out of the way and got under there, as well. Plus, I removed the cushions off of the couches and used the extension to get into the crevices. It feels so good to have it all done!

It was a lot of work, and Nathan was so impressed when he came home. I love when he notices what I've done. :o) He tells me that his co-workers tease him and say that he's spoiled because I cook, clean, do the laundry, and make his lunches. (I wonder what their wives do for them???) I always smile when I hear them tease him; I love hearing him say, "I know I'm spoiled. You're just jealous!" ;o)

I want to spoil my husband; I want him to know that I appreciate how he provides for me, and my taking care of him inside the house is one way of showing my gratitude. When he brags on me to his co-workers it makes me feel like I've done something worthwhile.

Of course I know that taking care of my husband and our home is a good thing, but sometimes I get a little tired of my duties and slack off. But, I always feel horribly when I do. When everything is in it's place, and the house is smelling yummy (whether the aroma is from a nice, hot dinner or a Yankee candle, lol) I feel a sweet sense of pride and accomplishment.

I love that feeling. I often wonder how so many can think a stay-at-home wife is an outdated, no-longer-needed-position in the home? ...

Hmmm... have I bored you enough with the adventures of a military housewife? :P Oh, well. You'll just have to forgive me! :o)

I'm so tired, but it's a good tired, so I'm not complaining! Tonight, the verse in Ecclesiastes 5:12a applies nicely: The sleep of the laboring [wo]man is sweet...

*sigh* I can hear my pillow calling me right now! Good night!

No comments: