2/25/06

Well, I am feeling blah today. It could have something to do with the fact that it's 0600 Saturday morning, Nathan's left for work, Laura's gone, and I have absolutely nothing to do. Well... not nothing, exactly... I have laundry to fold and dishes to wash, but at six in the morning?! Yeah, right.

This is the first exercise Nathan and I have been through since we've been married. That's not to say that there haven't been exercises; he just didn't have to play in them. The first one was right before we got married, and I wasn't used to being with him all the time anyway -- between work and college classes, we only saw each other for less than two hours on an average day. There was another one just after we got married, but he was on leave, because we were going to the States (I had to meet his family sometime, you know, lol). The second one, he was TDY in Afghanistan... I'm not sure if that was better or worse than exercising, lol. The way Laura put it was that when your husband is out of country, it's understandable that you don't see him everyday; it's expected. But, when you're in the same town and live in the same house and you don't see him... that's a little hard to deal with at times.

Since this thing started, Nathan has worked such crazy hours. Now that I'm working at the school again, the house feels very empty when I come home. To make it worse, when Nathan does come home, he's so tired that we don't talk very much at all, because he is sleeping all the time. I know there are tons of you veteran military wives who have no problem with this exercise, because it's, like, the 20th one since you've been married. I'm sure that, in time, it will be an easier adjustment for me to make, but today... I'm just going to be blah about it! Please don't hate me for venting, lol.

Sorry for the melancholy blog. I'm going to do some laundry before I go crazy. Well, I'm already crazy, lol, so before I go craziER I will do my laundry.

No comments: