10/24/06

Prodigal blogger returns

Well, I never really intended to take a break from blogging, but that's what I ended up doing. It was nice to have a little blogging vacation... the only bad thing was that I had about 200 posts to catch up on through my bloglines, though! :o) Next time I take a break, I'll make sure to log in to bloglines at some point, LOL! At any rate, please know that I have read everyone's blog and am all caught up on what's happening in your lives...
It's been extremely busy during Jessica's visit, but we had a lot of fun showing her around our corner of Japan. My SIL's already posted about her flight over, and I'm sure that once we send her pictures to her, she'll post a ton more about her stay. I have a few pictures (though not nearly as many as the ones she took!), but haven't finished loading them onto the computer yet, so you'll just have to wait and see what we've been up to the past few weeks!
P.S. Samantha, I did want to tell you that I used your cake recipe for my husband's birthday cake and it turned out wonderfully!!! Everyone raved about it's moistness and yummy-ness, so it was a success! :o) I was going to leave you a comment, but discovered that you deleted your blog... :o( I do hope that you'll get another one at some point in the future, as I was truly enjoying getting to know you, Samantha. At any rate, I'm sure everyone who visited your blog will agree with me when I say that though we understand your reasoning behind leaving the blogging community for now, you are dearly missed! :o)

8 comments:

Amy said...

Nice to have you back Arlene. The pictures are gorgeous. You know, my husband is probably going to be in Japan next spring! He's pretty excited and I'm racking my brain to think of a way to come along ;)

Anonymous said...

Welcome back! I'm glad you enjoyed the little rest from blogging.....love the pictures! :o)

Happymama said...

WELL! You've finally come home to us. LOL

Great pic of you and hubby, btw. I love it!!

Tell him hoorah for the beard. My hubby has one too.

Glad you had a wonderful visit and I'm so glad you're back!!!!!! Looking forward to pictures and posts. ;)

~Kristi

Mrs.B. said...

Hi Arlene, nice to see you back, I missed you!

The picture of you and hubby is **adorable** and the other ones are just breathtaking!

I miss Samantha too....I even did a post on it. (o:


Blessings,
~Mrs.B

Samantha said...

Aww, you are so sweet! I'm going to miss having a blog, but I love reading my favorite blogs so I will still be here. I learn so many things by reading all of these wonderful blogs!

Also, I'm glad the cake recipe turned out and hopefully it didn't sink on one side like mine did :)
Those pictures are so beautiful, it looks like you have been busy having fun!

Tammy said...

Oooh, those pictures of the waterfalls are so gorgeous! I've missed your posts! :)

Arlene said...

Oooh, Amy, how exciting! What area will your husband be visiting? I guess Tokyo and not little Misawa, huh? I hope you would be able to come; I love it here, and I know you would enjoy visiting! Too bad we will move by then, otherwise, I'd definitely invite y'all for a visit! :)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Rachel, Mrs. B, and Tammy, I'm glad to be back, too! It's nice to know I was missed, hehehe :)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Kristi, did I tell you he shaved it all off? I'm not a beard-lover, though... have you always been one? Or did it take a while for you to get used to seeing your Bruce with his face covered up? :P
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Samantha, I'm glad to hear that you'll still visit all of us on our blogs even if you're not currently writing one yourself. :)

Arlene said...

Oops, I wasn't done writing my replies, LOL! Anyway, I had to use a bundt pan when I made my cake (I don't have two rounds, can you believe that? I completely forgot about that very important fact until the absolute LAST minute, so I decided to improvise and use my bundt pan). I was worried it wouldn't turn out right, but thankfully the cake didn't stick at all, and it was just delicious! :) Thanks for sharing your recipe!!!