10/29/06

Surprise, surprise!

I have to say that I am probably one of the most trusting, believing persons you will ever meet... yes, if you translate that, it means I'm gullible, and will believe just about anything you tell me! My husband is always taking advantage of that, and I fall for so many of his jokes! It's gotten to the point that even when he's telling me the truth, it takes about 5 minutes for him to convince me of anything, LOL!

My best friend, Laura, is a gullible one, too, and her hubby (my "best-friend-in-law," as we call him) teases her all the time, as well... at least I'm not alone! :o) As long as I've known Laura (since I was 10), and as long as we've been best friends (since I was 10, lol), we have never really tried to sneak anything over each other... until now, that is.

You see, a few months ago, Laura told me that she was planning to come visit her mom (and me, of course, since we do live in the same town) for a few weeks. Well, I was getting all excited about it, since the last time we saw each other was in February when she and her hubby PCSd to the States. I was really looking forward to her visit because I wanted to meet her son -- she left a month and a half before she was due with my "nephew" -- and pictures just weren't enough anymore.

Several weeks ago she told me that the plans were falling through since she had completely forgotten that the baby didn't have a passport, and now there wasn't enough time for her to get one before the trip. I was bummed, to say the least, but completely understood her situation.

What I didn't know was that her sister and niece, whom I haven't seen since Laura's wedding (June last year) was planning a visit, as well. Needless to say, I was completely shocked when my honey and I were searching for a parking space at the commissary and we passed the two unloading groceries into her mom's car! I'm quite sure the entire parking lot heard me shouting "WHAT ARE YOU DOING HERE?! WHY DIDN'T YOU TELL ME YOU WERE COMING?! AAAAAAUUUUUGGGGHHHH!!!!! LOOK HOW BIG YOUR GIRL IS!!!!"

I scared her daughter to death, I'm sure, but I think she's doing all right now. We talked for a few minutes, and even discussed how upsetting it was that Laura couldn't make it for the trip. Little did I know what was in store for me...

Yesterday was church, and I teach the Sunday School class for the 4-5 year olds. It started out as a normal day with nothing out of the ordinary happening, until a friend came to my Sunday School class and said, "Hey, I need you to step outside with me for a minute."

For some reason, this didn't seem strange to me, and I willingly complied -- I didn't even put my shoes on, because I thought I was coming right back. I walked out the front door and saw Marie with her daughter, which wasn't a big deal to me, since I already knew Marie was here.

It took several seconds for it to register in my brain that someone was standing right next to her. Someone who looked very familiar, and wow, the baby in her arms looks exactly like... Something "clicked," and I lost it then!

I screamed and I think the whole congregation could hear me carrying on like an idiot in the church parking lot! The Junior Church teacher from my 4-5 year old class came out and was like, "What's going on? Is everything okay?" Someone else explained everything to her, since I was not making any sense, and probably couldn't have answered her even if I wanted to, LOL! Then I was hugging Laura and crying and just falling apart, LOL!

Oh, and then I whacked Marie's arm good, "How come you didn't tell me she was coming?!?!? I even saw you yesterday, and you didn't tell me!!!" The story came out then that Laura hadn't been able to get the passport, but they put in a rush order, and were able to get it in 2 weeks. Then Marie told us that she had been forced to keep her mouth shut for "25 -- yes, that's right, twenty-five -- days!" LOL, not that she was counting or anything, of course! ;o)

I am so amazed that they were able to keep such a huge secret and nobody suspected a thing! My husband keeps teasing me that he won't get to see me or talk to me for the next 3 weeks, LOL! I am so glad to have my best friend and sisterchick around... boy, did I miss her!

I didn't think I was depressed or anything, but the change in my spirit and attitude is amazing to me! In case you couldn't tell, I'm super excited (I think I might even have you and your aunt beat in the usage of parentheticals and exclamation points, Rachel!!! LOL!).

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love your exclamation points!!!! LOL

Glad you had a fun time with both your sil AND your friends! :)

Happymama said...

Cute pictures. I'll have to check out her blog when I get a chance. I don't have time to breathe these days. LOL

And as for you being gullible, that makes me happy because Bruce and I love to tell stories to people that are not...ahem...true? People never know when we're serious or not. It's hilarious.

~Kristi

Rebecca said...

How did I miss this?

I'm happy for you! I can just imagine how excited you were! I hope you have a wonderful time together. :)

Lau said...

hehe.. i did such a great job. I am so proud of myself. I cant believe I havent seen you since Sunday!!!!!!!! Aughh. Every day I tell Marie "we should go to Arlene's".. sorry :( Hopefully you wont be working next week and we can spend some time together :)

Arlene said...

Rachel, I knew you would love them, LOL! :P
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Oh, Kristi, now I'm never going to believe anything you tell me since you know of my little problem, LOL!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Rebecca, I am so excited! We've been having a great time just talking and catching up :)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Lau, you really did do a good job! I totally had NO IDEA about any of it... which was obvious when I screamed, lol! I can't wait for this week to be over so we can get out and do something!!