1/24/07

6 things

Well, Kristi has tagged just about the entire blogging world for this meme of 6 weird things about myself (blogger won't let me link to her post, so just go to her blog and you'll see it at the top of her page). She has some hilarious answers, as do Mrs. B, Tammy, and plenty of others! I guess it's my turn to admit my quirks to the world :o)

1. I love the flavor of nuts. Peanut butter (the creamy kind) is one of my most favorite snacks EVER, and I almost always add almond extract to my brownies... however, I can not STAND the texture of nuts! Peanuts, walnuts, almonds, macadamias, pecans, cashews, etc. I don't know what's wrong with me, LOL! I can't even get myself to enjoy a good chocolate-covered nut; I thought chocolate was supposed to make everything better! Oh, but in my defense, I would like to say that if you ever made me anything with nuts in it, I would eat it and not complain to you -- my parents raised me right, LOL :o)

2. I have a problem with commas. I love using them and tend to overuse them! If a sentence gets a little long, I always feel as if there must be a comma in there somewhere. Every time I write, I am forever going back and having to remove commas that do not belong! It's ironic that this is such a problem for me, too, since I'm such a stickler for grammatical and mechanical errors. It's an addiction, really.

3. I write with my left hand, but do pretty much everything else with my right... cooking, throwing a ball, catching things, sewing, and other things I'm sure. I think I am a right-handed person that was born into a left-handed person's body. :P

4. If I wake up in the middle of the night, I struggle to force myself not to look at the clock. Something makes me want to know what time it is, but I know that once I find out, I'll begin to worry: "Oh, man, I have to wake up in *x-number-of-minutes/hours*" and then it takes f-o-r-e-v-e-r for me to fall back asleep. We currently have the clock on my husband's side of the bed (well, his side of the air mattress, LOL) positioned so that I absolutely cannot see it unless is physically climb over him and turn it to face me... I'm ashamed to say I have done that very thing a few times. I don't know why I can't stop myself from looking; you'd think I'd learn so I could get some sleep!

5. I have been on the look-out for the perfect shade of lipgloss ever since I was a teenager. My best friend and I once found the color that was made for me.... and I lost it one day on the walk to school. I was devastated! Every day on the walk home from school, I would scan the sidewalks, hoping, wishing, dreaming that the tube would be somewhere out in the open. I still think it's there, but I just didn't look hard enough, lol. We tried to go back to the store and buy another tube, but, wouldn't you know it, they were out! I have never seen the same color since then, so it must have been a special edition or something. When I walk by make-up aisles, I am compelled to stop just in case "my" lip gloss is there... it never is. I don't think I'll ever find it again, and that makes me a little sad.

6. If I spend a lot of time with a person that has an accent (or watch a movie and the main character(s) have accents), I always feel that I should be talking with one, too. I sort of pick it up for a while until I catch myself doing it. The hard part is making myself stop. I always think, "I don't have an accent! Why am I talking like this?!" LOL

I guess you guys know for sure that I'm pretty weird, huh? Okay, someone else's turn to rat on themselves! Adele, Laura, Jessica, Roanne, Mrs. C, and whoever else hasn't done one... I want to see these up asap! :o)

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

How fun, I love your 6 things!

And I'm the same way about knowing the time at night. Sometimes if I know I *have* to be up at a certain time to be somewhere I won't be able to sleep at all because I'm afraid I won't wake up so I don't sleep. Uugh!!

And I've yet to find the perfect shade of lipstick....I always mix at least two colors together when applying. (o;

ROANNE said...

Done. =D

Rebecca said...

Those were interesting. :~)

Anonymous said...

I am the exact opposite of you for # 3. I write with my right hand but do everything else with my left! Most people think I'm strange when I tell them that, so I'm glad there's "someone" else like that;o).

Arlene said...

It's so nice to know I'm not the *only* one who does these things... I was a little worried to admit them before, LOL! Isn't it interesting how once someone gets the ball rolling and confesses something, there is almost always another person who will 'fess up as well? :P

Anonymous said...

Well, I've finally gotten mine posted. :)

Have a great weekend!

Mrs.B. said...

O.K. that's weird.....the very first anonymous comment at the top is mine but I did not sign in under anonymous! Very strange!

Ashleigh said...

How funny... numbers 4,5, and 6 are absolutely, completely "me." I didn't do this meme, but when I thought up what my answers would be if I had, those are all things I would have written.

Arlene, I think we are twins separated at birth. ;)