1/8/07

Leaving the Home I Love

It's been over a week since we left... I still don't think it's fully sunk in that we are not simply vacationing or visiting family. We have left our home, and we're going to make a new one. I know this is the Lord's will for us, but it doesn't make it very easy. I have cried many tears over our move, and I'm sure I will cry many more. All I can say is that as long as I have my man and God's blessing, we will be home. Hopefully, it will actually start to feel like home soon.
Once I was happily content to be
As I was, where I was
Close to the people who are close to me
Here in the home I love
Who could see that a man would come
Who would change the shape of my dreams
Helpless, now, I stand with him
Watching older dreams grow dim
Closing my heart to every hope but his
Leaving the home I love
There where my heart has settled long ago
I must go, I must go
Who could imagine I'd be wand'ring so
Far from the home I love
Yet, there with my love, I'm home
-by Bock and Harnock, from "Fiddler on the Roof"

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thinking of you and praying for you!

Blessings,
Mrs. C

Rhonda said...

GOd bless you, Honey!
Lord knows I've done my share of moving away in my lifetime. At least Jesus is wherever you are!

Rhonda

Anonymous said...

(((((Arlene))))) Sweet, Arlene, I know how you feel. It's hard moving away from your family and the places you've known all your life.

God will help you. Try to stay focused on your hubby and your baby that will soon grace your presence. It's easier said than done...I know. I'll pray for you, dearie!

~Kristi

Laura said...

I know that feeling....

Hugs,
Lau

Adele said...

Before you know it, Caleb will be here to help you make new memories in your new home. I know it's not easy to move and since we face it in the coming months it is even more real right now!

Joyce's Ramblings said...

God will give you the strengh to start new memories in your new home. You will shortly have another member to your family. There are so many periods in our lives and this will be a very interesting one.
God Bless.

Anonymous said...

I'll be praying the Lord comfort you as you follow your husband where God called him to be. It is in our lonely times we can truly feel His presence; for it is then that He ever so graciously sweeps low to hold us. I can be found at http://halfwayhome.wordpress.com. Yours in Christ, Eileen