1/23/07

A new home

Well, we are all settling in nicely at our new base. I have to say, out of all of us, I think my Abby-girl is the most relieved that we are done traveling! :o) LOL! She is utterly and completely bored, though, as not all of our household goods are here yet. Abby has either been sleeping or following me around the house for the past week. :P She is currently snoozing in my lap as I type this post... if there are any typos, I blame the cat!

The Lord truly blessed during our PCS, and we were able to get into base housing the morning after we checked into billeting! As an added bonus, our first shipment of goods was already here waiting for us to schedule a delivery time. Yes, the Lord has certainly been taking care of us throughout our move, wouldn't you say?

Oh, and here's some more good news -- I received a call today from the movers, and our things are scheduled to be delivered on Thursday! Praise the Lord! The items were not originally scheduled to arrive here until 11Feb07, so we are grateful that they are here so early. We were a bit worried that we wouldn't have enough time to unpack before the baby arrives. Now it looks as if we'll be pretty much settled in before he is due. (And, maybe Abby will give me back some of my personal space, LOL!) God is good!

The housing isn't exactly the most beautiful in the world, but it's warm, dry, and I know I can make it into a home for us. The only really bad thing about this house is that it has just one bathroom... and it's all the way upstairs! Not the most horrible thing ever, but, considering I am nearly 9 months pregnant, I really don't enjoy walking up the stairs every five minutes. I think I should just stay up here all day long, huh? As a side note, this house is scheduled to be demolished within the next year, so the military will pay to move us into new housing.

We spent a week and a half visiting my husband's family before driving to our new base, and had a great time of rest and reunions. We have been here in our new house for about a week now, so we still don't quite feel at home yet. I suppose these kinds of things take time, though.

Thanks for all your prayers and well-wishes! I can't wait to get back into blogging and reading what you all have had to say! I will probably be posting sporadically as we unpack over the next few days/weeks, but I just wanted to let you all know that we are here, we are alive, and we are home (even if it doesn't feel that way yet)!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's good to *see* you again, Arlene! I'm sure your getting very excited about the arrival of your little one. :)

Anonymous said...

Glad you're beginning to get settled. Looking forward to reading some posts!

Sorry your bathroom is upstairs. Look at it this way...you'll get plenty of exercise to help strengthen those tummy muscles for pushing!! :)

~Kristi

Samantha said...

I'm so glad that you have arrived safely and are getting settled. I have been checking in every so often, and was very happy to see a couple of new posts today! It sounds like you will have a nicer place to live soon! Take care.

Anonymous said...

I've been checking in every so often as well. I've missed 'seeing' you in blogland so it's wonderful to have you back!

Blessings!
~Mrs.B

ps. Take it from someone who's moved quite a bit in life....it *will* feel like home soon.

Adele said...

I'm so glad God is working out all the details for you, in perfect timing! We can't wait to hear about Caleb's arrival, but hopefully he'll give you a couple more weeks to unpack first!

ROANNE said...

Hello!!! Well, I'm glad that you guys seem to be settling in and enjoying your new home. I was wondering about that earlier, but brain fart made me forget to check this blog. LOL I'm surprised you guys don't have at least a guest bathroom downstairs! Hmmm....Must really be old housing. They actually have all new housing in GF, even for us lowly Airmen, but I dunno if I want to be put on a waiting list to move to one of them; the living room and kitchens are smaller in the new houses, but they have 2 car garages so....I don't know....But, anyways, I digress....So, do you guys buy furniture or rent them from the base? I wonder if Offut has that? I know GF doesn't; I thought it was just an overseas thing. But, when you get all settled in you should definately take some new pictures and post them of your new home and the nursery! I'm sure your faithful readers would love to see what you've done with the new place. LOL

Rebecca said...

Oh, yes, I agree with Roanne...definetely post some pictures! Sounds like a nice home and the best part is - it's free!