2/14/07

No baby yet

Well, I'm sure that since you've read my title for this post, you don't want to read my post anymore, as you know there isn't any big news, LOL! Oh, well; I shall type anyway! :o) As I just pointed out, the baby is not yet here. I have been having contractions like crazy, though, and can hardly sleep for all the discomfort. I think I've been keeping Abby up all night with my tossing and turning. She has been napping more than usual during the day, and is sleeping beside me right now. :P If you've read my blog for any amount of time, you can imagine that my husband has very little trouble sleeping through the night. :o)

I have another appt with my OB this afternoon, so I'm hoping there will be some good news at my check-up. For now, though, I guess we'll be playing the waiting game, as there really isn't anything else to do. I had really thought he would come early! I just hope he isn't too late, because I don't know how much longer I can wait! I'm sure you're all getting impatient, as well! LOL :o)

Even though we moved so late in my pregnancy and didn't know anything about the doctors in the area, the Lord blessed, and we were able to get some good recommendations for an OB. We are seeing a nice doctor -- an extremely PERKY woman, to say the least! Seriously, she is all go, all the time!

The base hospital was made into a clinic a few years back, so they no longer deliver; hence the reason we have been going off-base to civilian facilities. The hospital we've chosen is just lovely, and the staff is extremely friendly and welcoming. My husband says I've been in military hospitals too long, because, evidently, most hospitals are like ours. I have very simplistic expectations of how a hospital should look -- I don't need pretty, cushy chairs, fancy carpeting, or a big gift shop. As long as it's sanitary and the doctors know what they're doing... I think I'm good, lol. Well, at least it makes me a more grateful patient, right? :o)

Anyway, my hubby is due home for lunch any minute now, so I need to fix his plate and straighten up a bit before he arrives. Hope everyone is having a very happy Valentine's Day filled with family, friends, and fun! Oh, and love, of course! :o)

6 comments:

Ashleigh said...

The waiting is NO FUN, is it?! Especially when you keep hearing, "Any day now, any day!" ;) But truthfully, it WILL be any day, and you'll wonder why it seemed so long to wait. Looking forward to seeing the news!

Mrs.B. said...

Thank you so much for the update, I've been wondering about you! (o:

Adele said...

I'm so thankful for your updates, because I've been thinking about you and your upcoming delivery. I hope you get good news this afternoon.

Happymama said...

You told me earlier that you were having contractions...maybe this doctor's appointment will push you right into labor. That's how it happened with our first one. I'll keep my figers crossed for ya.

*tap tap tap* Patiently awaiting!!!

~Kristi

Samantha said...

How exciting! I'm sure you're more than ready by now, lol! Maybe your next post will have some pic's of baby Caleb :)

Nicole said...

Hi there. I just came across your site. Have a blessed day!
~Nicole