2/8/07

Still waiting...

Well, we had another visit with the OB today. I'm about 50% effaced, and 0 cm dilated. :o( The doctor told us that's about average for first-time moms, though. The baby is head-down ready to go... only he's not quite going yet. I've had a few contractions here and there, but none of them are even remotely close to each other, so we're still waiting.

Oh, well. He will come when it's time, right?

I am getting a little antsy... I'm also a little tired of waking up every morning between 3:00 and 3:15 because I just can't wait any longer to go to the bathroom, LOL! Abby is a morning cat, and greets me each time I make the trek to the toilet. Isn't she sweet? :P (Actually, she only comes to see me because she thinks she might get her breakfast a little early, but she is disappointed every time!)

Has anyone else made the switch to the new blogger? I didn't mean to switch over, but evidently, that's what I've done. I wasn't quite wanting to make the switch just yet, and now I'm feeling overwhelmed with trying to decide what font, color, images, etc I want everywhere. Oh, well. Y'all will have to forgive the appearance of my blog, as I'm not even remotely in the mood to work on it! I need to get my house in order before I start worrying about my blog, LOL!

Speaking of the house and getting settled in, we are doing fairly well in that area. As I mentioned before, there are still a few things that will have to remain boxed up for now. Considering it has just been me and my honey here unpacking (Abby is very little help, you know, LOL), I think we've made quick work of things. I am very surprised at how much we were able to get done! I'm definitely thankful for my hard-working hubby, because he didn't let me do too much this far along in my pregnancy, and ended up doing a whole lot of work!

We just joined a church (IFB, of course!) this week, so we've gotten a church-home taken care of, as well. This church has quite a few military families in it, so it's nice to have that common bond (aside from the one we have in Christ :o)). There are also a few younger couples, so they've recently started a Young Marrieds group, and we were able to enjoy a fellowship the other night. It's nice to see younger people serving the Lord in a conservative church, as there are so many who seek to be entertained these days.

Anyway, my honey just came home from work, so I'm off to finish getting dinner ready. Maybe next time I check in there will be pics of our newest family member!!! *I hope*I wish*I pray* LOL!

6 comments:

Happymama said...

I'm so glad you found a church you're happy with. I knew the Lord would lead you to one.

And I'm very excited about the upcoming arrival. Can't wait to see the little guy!

I switched to new blogger several weeks ago and my children were forced to switch this past week. So far we like it. I haven't found anything that I don't like about it. So I guess that's a good thing. :)

~Kristi

Mrs.B. said...

Abby is a morning cat, and greets me each time I make the trek to the toilet. Isn't she sweet? :P (Actually, she only comes to see me because she thinks she might get her breakfast a little early, but she is disappointed every time!)

LOL, Abby sounds like my cat BoBo. If we even breath differently in the morning he is meowing at us to get him something to eat!

I can't wait to see pictures of Caleb, it won't be long now!

I love, love, love the new blogger. For one thing, the template is SO EASY to navigate and the other thing is that my pictures ALWAYS load.

Blessings,
~Mrs.B

Mrs.B. said...

Oops, I typed too fast, it's 'breathe' differently, not 'breath'!

Adele said...

I had to switch to the new Blogger yesterday. So far it doesn't seem like anything has changed for me, maybe I'm not doing it right!

I'm going to be on this blog nearly every day I think, waiting to see Caleb's announcement. We prayed for you before the boys went to bed last night.

BTW, do you still have your blog set on Japan time? I saw the date of this entry was Feb. 9th, but it was the 8th when I read it. I know you have SO much time to work on your blog. :) I had the thought that maybe you hadn't even noticed it.

Rebecca said...

It sounds like Caleb is right on track. Every time the phone rings (especially in the later evenings) I wonder if it's Nathan saying you are in labor.

It will be here before you know it!

BTW, I know getting up at 3:00 every morning is not fun, but it's God's way of preparing you for waking up multiple times! Think of it as basic training! haha!

Arlene said...

Kristi, I'm glad we were able to find a church home, as well. My dad raised me to believe that if we are seeking to find a church home, the Lord will always take care of our "home-home." I think he's right :~)

~~~~~~~~
Mrs. B, it sounds as if Abby and Bobo might be siblings separated at birth, lol! They have a lot in common -- both big and both love their food! :P

~~~~~~~~~
Adele, I hope you get to see a new post regarding Caleb soon!!! I am tired of having contractions and no baby, lol! Oh, and yes, I completely forgot to change the date/time stamp on my blog. Oh, well. Another day, maybe :P

~~~~~~~~~
Rebecca, I hope we can be making a phone call very soon! I know how you feel, though, as it was the same way for me when Laura was having her son, Kyle. I raced to the phone every time it rang, lol!

~~~~~~~~~~
Oh, and I forgot to mention, I'm glad everyone is having such a good experience with the new Blogger... I hope I'll be able to figure it out once I have the time to actually take a good look at it! :P