3/7/07

In case you didn't know...

Well, I'm sure most of you have guessed that our little blessing has arrived, but I figured I would make it official and let you know that he really is here! Yes, our little man came early one morning last month. It was a very looooooong labor, and eventually, because the baby was getting tired (his heart rate continuously went down with each contraction), I was prepped for a c-section.

No, it was not what we wanted; no, not something I enjoyed; and yes, I cried when the doctor told us we had to get him out... but, the Lord saw us through the hard times despite things not going according to our plan.

I have to say, I have never doubted that My Airman is a good man and a good husband; I like to brag on him quite a bit. But this experience has made me see even more just how wonderful he is; yes, the Lord knew what He was doing when He brought us together! (lol, of course, God always knows what He's doing... why do we ever doubt?)

I am recovering nicely from the c-section; I'm able to get around a lot better and much quicker these days. It's been nearly three weeks, and I'm over the worst of it.

Little Man is doing well, also. He isn't sleeping through the night, of course, but I am able to get about three hours of sleep in between each feeding (usually...), so that's nice.

My Airman took ten days of leave to be home with us, and again I was reminded of how fantastic my hubby is! He started working again on Monday, so that's when I feel I "officially" became a mom, since that was the first day I was actually alone with my son, LOL. ;o)

I was talking to my best friend yesterday, and I was thinking: the strangest thing about having a baby... is that it isn't strange at all. Sometimes I just look at him and nearly burst into tears for how amazed I am at God's blessing upon our lives. To think that He would trust me -- us -- with this precious life brings me to tears (yep, here they come).

It's mind-boggling, really. We are in charge of this little man, and are tasked with raising and instructing him in the nurture and admonition of the Lord.

What a responsibility!

My constant prayer these past two weeks has been: "Lord, give us wisdom. Help us, please, because we can't do it without You."

Anyway, I'm sure you're tired of hearing me babble... what you're really thinking is, "Where are the pictures, woman?!" :o) So, I'll quit typing and start loading! (if you've seen these already, you'll just have to forgive me and be patiently waiting for new ones, LOL!)
First family picture
Daddy's little man
Mama's boy
Don't tell me he's not adorable!

Baby Caleb
~7 lbs. 9 oz
~21 1/2 inches

13 comments:

Tammy said...

Congratulations! =)

Denial Renae said...

He is so adorable! What a blessing!

Anonymous said...

*sigh* no new pictures..

haha, maybe soon?? ;)

Oh, and is Caleb wearing purple in the last picture? Just wondering :)

Mrs. C said...

Congratulations, Arlene! I was waiting for an update and figured you had popped by now. :)

If you have any "new mom" questions, feel free to ask away. I've been there-done that times 4!

Enjoy these early days with Baby. A simple routine during the day will help get him on the right track to sleeping at night. :)

Blessings,
Mrs. C

Anne said...

Awww.... he is really cute:o) What a handsome little man;o)

Joyce's Ramblings said...

I think as you said-God knew what he was doing.
I see a nice young family with God helping them.
Nothing can beat that. Enjoy that boy.
God Bless!

Jessica said...

Be sure to tell Caleb he has one crazy aunt, but it's ok, b/c her heart is filled with soooo much love for him, he can only profit from it! :)

I've been refraining from calling b/c I don't know what schedule you're on, and I know those little naps are VERY important! You ALL are in our thoughts.

ps...who were you referring to with the "adorable" comment...Nathan or Caleb? Just curioius!! :P

pps...I know they make you wear a hair net in the surgery room....did they make Nathan cover up his eyebrows too??? Just curious. ha ha ( I know....I'm such a mean sis! )

Happymama said...

Congratulations, y'all!! I know I've already wished you that, but again...he's adorable. You didn't post the "thinking" picture!! LOL That one is my favorite. :)

Don't ever stop praying, Arlene. The prayers of a mother are the foundation of our children's lives.

~Kristi

Rachel said...

Congratulations!

He is a sweetie... ;)

Heather said...

Congratulations! He is absolutely beautiful.

Mrs. S said...

Wow ... he is adorable. Congratulations on your little blessing.

Samantha said...

Oh, he is so adorable! It looks like he may have green eyes...but I know they do change colors. Congratulations to the new mommy and daddy!

Amy said...

He's absolutely beautiful Arlene. Congratulations!