4/3/07

Mommy Brain

I decided to make Chicken-Broccoli Braid for dinner the other night.

So, I got all the ingredients out, cooked the chicken, mixed it up with everything, and placed it in the center of the crescent roll dough.

I thought it looked a little funny, so I mentally went over the ingredient list in my head: "chicken, mayo, cheese, salt, garlic powder, 2 tubes of crescent rolls... Yep, got everything; must be my imagination!"

I then proceeded to "braid" the dough over the filling. After baking it for 30 minutes, I took it out, cut myself a slice, took a bite, and thought "Hmmm... this still seems weird to me."

I decided the recipe turned out differently because I used a new brand of crescent rolls, and put the thoughts out of my mind.

It wasn't until the next day that I realized what happened -- I forgot to put the broccoli in the filling!!!

How does one forget that broccoli goes in a recipe named "Chicken-Broccoli Braid"?!?!

There you have it: my first "Mommy-moment"... though I'm certain it won't be my last! :o)

7 comments:

Happymama said...

Hehehehehehehahahahahaha...and it's only the beginning. LOL

~Kristi

BLAZER PROPHET said...

Uh, I don't like broccoli so I think it was a smashing success.

Anonymous said...

I can relate! :D

And, who is blazerprophet?

~Rebecca

BLAZER PROPHET said...

Who is Blazer Prophet, you ask? BLAZER PROPHET (me) is the 50 year old Christian gentleman (if I can be so bold) and husband of a wonderful woman who writes children's curriculum & poetry books (10 published and 4 more on the way), teacher (well, until she got her recent book contracts she taught at Woodland Christian School), blogger (well, it's only research for her new books) and piano teacher. He lives in a small house with his wife and faithful dog, Sam (lab/pointer). He has one of the most excellent daughters that ever walked the face of the earth and has, thus far, one perfect grand child (my Ellie Rose). “Blazer” stand for the NBA Portland Trailblazers (native born Oregonian) and “Prophet” was at the insistence of my daughter years ago as she thought it made me sound mysterious when I was participating on some NBA message sites. I’ve never cared for it, but she is my only son, so I let it slide. Lastly, for the record, he thinks the central Oregon coast is the finest place in the world. Oh yeah, one more thing, he does like asparagus but he doesn’t like broccoli.

Arlene said...

Kristi, LOL, don't I know it. I've had several more mommy moments... only I can't remember what they were at the moment, LOL!
~~~~~~~~~~
Rebecca, glad to know I'm not the only one, LOL!
~~~~~~~~~~
BP, it's nice to meet you; thanks for introducing yourself! :) My hubby loves the recipe with broccoli, so he wasn't quite pleased with my accidental adjustment, LOL! He does love asparagus, so you have that in common with him. Just wondering, but how did you come across my blog? And, are you a blogger yourself, or did you just make an account so you could comment on others' blogs?

BLAZER PROPHET said...

Hello, Arlene. I've thought about blogging, but after long work hours, spending due time with my wife and then taking some evening time for Bible study, I only have about 30 minutes or so before bed, so writing a blog doesn't seem to fit right now. So sometimes I blog-surf. If I find one that seems interesting (sports, Christian, politics...) I book mark it and check it every so often. I like your blog, but it strikes me as one more so for women & young mothers. However, when I saw broccoli involved, I just had to say something. BTW, I was also a young military married man (US Navy) serving in Guam initially. We really enjoyed the commraderie of the other military families overseas. It's a tough life for children as whenever a friend is made, someone's moving. Nonetheless, a very nice blog.

Mrs.B. said...

LOL, broccoli does sound like a key ingredient for a 'broccoli braid'. (o;

Hehehehehehe!!