4/23/07

Mrs. B started it!

Well, a while ago, Mrs. B decided to post a few weird things about herself and encouraged others to play along, so I'm finally getting around to doing it now. Here is more than you ever wanted or needed to know about how weird I truly am!

~ I can't swim, and I really don't think I'll ever learn how since we don't really go to the beach or pool.

~ The hair on my legs only grows in patches, mostly on my shins and knees. Weird, I know!

~ The hair that does come in grows v-e-r-y slowly and sparsely, so I only shave, like, once a month unless I just *feel* like doing it more than that. Even my husband can't tell the difference if I've shaved or not, lol!

~ If I have something sweet, I *have* to have a glass of milk along with it. If I don't, it's really difficult for me to finish eating everything because I start to feel almost sick.

~ I actually pronounce the t's in words like "curtain," "bottom," and "button." It never ceases to amuse my husband that I do that.

~ I put garlic and onion in pretty much everything I cook. I bet people think I stink, lol.

~ I am totally and completely terrified of spiders! Just *thinking* about them creeps me out!!!

~ I used to think pepperoni was spicy. Now, it just has a little "kick" to it.

~ One of my favorite snacks is Kix and yogurt mixed together in a coffee mug. I don't know why I like it in a mug, but somehow that just makes it taste better! :P

~ Growing up, my favorite color was blue, so I had it
e-v-e-r-y-w-h-e-r-e in my room and wardrobe. Now I'm "sick" of the color, and can't put it anywhere in my house -- and I only have one blue skirt. I like it when I see it at other people's houses, but when I think I'd like to try it again... I just can't bring myself to do it.

~ I absolutely refuse to wear the color yellow. Everyone tells me it looks good with my skin tone, but I can't stand to see myself in it. I have absolutely no idea why.

~ My favorite word is "onomatopoeia." I just think it's cool for some reason.

~ After 12 years of seeing cars on the left side of the road, I still do double takes when I see Americans driving on the "wrong" side. It's getting better, though. :o)

~ I can't sit "Indian-style." When I was younger, I always sat with my legs bent backward, so now I can't get my legs to wrap around themselves the right way. It actually upsets me that I can't sit "normally."

~ I've never gotten a sunburn in my life. I almost want to get one, just so I can know what it feels like... but then I figure it's probably painful, so I'm glad I don't get them, LOL!

~ I made straight A's and B's throughout my school years, but sometimes I can be pretty ditzy. Like, the other day when someone mentioned he was allergic to dairy products. I asked him if he could have eggs... it took a minute to register -- Eggs are from chickens not cows! 8- I'm just blonde at heart, I guess. :P

Okay, I think I've given the entire world enough ammo to use against me for now, LOL! It's nearly 10, so time to get some shut-eye! :o) Thanks for starting this, Mrs. B; it was lots of fun!

4 comments:

Happymama said...

LOL, those were so funny. I did some weird things about me a while back, but I don't know where it is in the archives. If I find it, I'll be sure to send it to you.

~Kristi

Mrs.B. said...

This was fun to read! Thanks for playing along! I'm so jealous though, I have to shave my legs twice a week at least!

And please don't get a sunburn---Or you'll get wrinkles or skin cancer when you're in your 40's. (o;

Samantha said...

It's so fun to read everyones little quirks! I think everyone is wierd in their own way:) As for you only having to shave your legs once a month, I agree with Mrs. B--I'm jealous!

Oh! The last time you commented on my blog you had asked when we were going to have an ultrasound done, and I thought it wouldn't be until about 20 weeks. Well, we got one last week(at 7 1/2 weeks) and saw the little heartbeat. It was so neat!

Arlene said...

Kristi, I think I remember when you did your meme... lol, I was teasing Nathan because he has a funny habit about numbers, too. :o) I always love reading about people's quirks, though. Makes me feel normal, lol!
~~~

Mrs. B, twice a week?! Oh, my! :P Well, don't worry; I really don't want to get burned... I am just curious what it feels like, LOL!
~~~

Samantha, I love to read these things, too; it really is nice to know I'm not the only one who's a little odd, LOL!

I'm so glad you were able to get an u/s done! Isn't it amazing the things you can see? :o)