4/9/07

My favorite thing...

...about being a parent is experiencing moments like these:

My honey came home from work the other night and proceeded to get ready for bed. After hanging up his uniform, he was getting ready to turn out the hallway light before settling in for the night.

Just before he walked out the bedroom door, My Airman leaned over to look in at our little man sleeping in the bassinet. Ever so softly, he bent down to plant a kiss on the peacefully-sleeping baby's cheek.

Then, my husband grinned broadly and whispered, "Look at that. Can you believe God gave him to us?" He was just so in awe of God's blessing on our lives, and it's obvious how much he loves his son.

I, of course, was ready to start bawling at the sweetness of the moment. I'm tearing up now just thinking about it, lol. :o)

*sigh* I certainly do love being a mother, but I have to say, being my Airman's wife is what I love most!

6 comments:

Mrs.B. said...

Awwwww---that would melt my heart too! (o:

Anonymous said...

Awwwwwww

Diane said...

Arlene, this post really warmed my heart! You are BLESSED! It is nice to have found your blog again... you've done a nice job with it. Wishing you many more sweet moments with "your men".
:-) Diane

Happymama said...

OH, that's so sweet! Don't you just love having a tender husband? I do too!

~Kristi

Samantha said...

Yup, that would have sent me bawling! How sweet!

liz said...

Very sweet! Sounds like you are blessed to have two wonderful men in your life.