4/2/07

Shock

We I have been working on putting Caleb on a sleep schedule for the past few weeks. He has been doing really well, surprisingly enough. He's gotten to the point that pretty much, he will sleep six hours straight and need only one feeding through the night. He normally goes down for the night between 8:30 and 9:00, and then awakens around 3ish, and is up for good a little after 7. Not too bad for a 6-week-old, huh? :o) It certainly makes for a happier mama when I don't have to wake up every 3 hours on the dot!

So, yeah, I figure he's doing pretty well. I mean, I don't have any complaints with only having to wake up once... sure, it would be nice to sleep straight through the night, but that will come with time. That's what I've been telling myself, at least. I'm sure at some point, I'll believe it, LOL :P

Well, guess what our little man decided to do last night? I bet you think I'm going to tell you that he woke me up every hour or something. Well, he didn't. Instead, he slept for 9 hours. Yes, you read that right. N-I-N-E, nine, count-em, nine hours -- in! a! row!

I actually woke up on my own and thought, "Is he still alive?!" because there was no way that he was still sleeping. But, sure enough, there he was, sound asleep in his bassinet. I'm still in shock. *sigh* It was wonderful. I'm sure it won't happen again tonight, but a girl can dream....

Speaking of which, I guess it's about time I headed off to dreamland myself. Good night!

6 comments:

Mrs. C said...

Wow, it sounds like you've got Caleb on a pretty good routine. You're doing much better with his sleep schedule than I did when I was a brand-new mommy.

Sweet dreams! :-)

Happymama said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Happymama said...

I sense a growth spurt! Nine hours is AWESOME!!! Way to go, Caleb!!!! You said, "...sure, it would be nice to sleep straight through the night, but that will come with time. That's what I've been telling myself, at least." I'll make sure to enlighten you on that in a few years....better yet, Caleb will. LOL

~Kristi

Anonymous said...

Way to go, Caleb!

I hope you slept for nine hours, too, Arlene! :) Enjoy!

~Rebecca

Adele said...

That first night a baby sleeps through the night is certainly filled with mixed emotions. Panic (from thinking they may have died) and pure joy(from realizing it's safe to go back to sleep)!

Arlene said...

Mrs. C, a friend of mine read this book called "BabyWise" which is about putting baby on a schedule. Her son is 7 mos. now, and he has been sleeping 10-12 hours since he was about 3 mos old! Needless to say, I was ready to follow any advice she had for me! So far, it has been working well, as you can see :~)
~~~~~~~
Kristi, I think he must be coming up on one, as well. He has been wanting to nurse longer and more often recently!
~~~~~~~
Rebecca, yes it was wonderful!
~~~~~~~
LOL, Adele, that is exactly how I felt! Obviously, this is common among new mothers, lol!