6/21/07

Glad to be back

I can't believe it's been so long since I last posted! Well, I take that back -- I do believe it. The past (almost) two months have just been crazy around these parts! First, our computer got some terrible virus, and was down for about 3 weeks! Yes, we were without a computer for that long and survived, LOL! ;o) At first, I went through a little withdrawal, but quickly got over it. :P

I have to say, now I know why Mrs. B takes blogging breaks every so often. For one thing, it was nice to just LIVE life rather than having to wonder how to type it all out in a blog. And for another thing, I don't think I got behind in my household duties once.... okay, maybe once. What? I'm human :o) But, I was definitely a lot more productive, that's for sure! Ever since we've gotten our computer back I have been trying to make sure that I don't let things pile up again... I guess that kinda meant just not even turning the thing on, LOL!

Anyway, I think I've made my peace with Clarice (yeah, that's my computer's name) and am ready to ease back into blogging and surfing the net. I've decided to work harder about not letting my computer time get in the way of taking care of my home and family, though. It's so easy for me to get lost online reading all kinds of helpful blogs and things, but what good are they to me if I spend all my time reading the tips and never put them to use?

I digress, as usual. The other big thing(s) that happened is that my parents came over for a visit. It was just a week, but it was nice to spend time with them again. Of course, it wasn't about visiting us -- they just wanted to meet the grandbaby! We have discovered that things are not about us anymore -- they're about the baby, LOL! :P ;o)

Then, after my parents left, my husband's parents and sister came for a visit. Another group wanting to see the grandbaby/nephew and not us! ;o) My Airman took some leave so he could be around while the families were here, but now that I've gotten used to having him home all the time, he has returned to work. *sigh* it was nice while it lasted. :o)

In other news, I finally took my driving test and got my license! Yes, that's right, I am on the road again! I was nervous about taking my test (it has been 6 years since I got my first license in Japan), but the instructor was very very very nice, and I'm just glad it's all finished! Now I can drive myself to church while my hubby works swings and give some other people a break. I'm sure they'll enjoy that! :~)

Anyway, it's quarter 'til ten, and my husband is getting his wisdom teeth taken out tomorrow. We have to be up eaaaarrrrrlllly for his appointment, so I need to get myself off the computer and into bed. I'll leave you guys with some new pictures, though! :o) I know that's why you came to visit me anyway! ;o)

(Can you believe he's 4 mos old now? His well-check is coming up soon,
so I'm eager to see how much he weighs now...
he's getting to be a chunker, lol)

10 comments:

Happymama said...

I'm so glad you were able to visit with so much family. I'm sure they had a ball with the baby...and you too. HA! ;)

I can't believe how big your boy is. They do change quickly, don't they?

~Kristi

Rachel said...

Welcome back to the great WWW. LOL :)

Caleb is absolutely ADORABLE!!!

Anonymous said...

Yay for the blog! And yay for the pictures! FINALLY!!! I didnt know Caleb uses a pacifier. I cant believe how big he has gotten.. he is a chunker!! More pictures.. :P please!

Adele said...

I'm glad to see you've back! I've been checking here and there - Rebecca had told me you had a virus and family, so I knew why you were "missing"! :)

Caleb has changed so much. What a little cutie! Get used to the baby being the center of attention. :) Sometimes we're lucky to get a hug when we see my parents b/c they're so anxious to hold and hug the boys! Every once in a while you might have to remind them that w/o you they wouldn't have a grandchild!

Adele said...

Oh brother, "you", not "you've"!

Samantha said...

Welcome back Arlene! Caleb is adorable. I can't believe that he's already four months! They grow up way too fast :)

ROANNE said...

YAY......I'm glad you're back to blogging! LOL I love the new pics of Caleb; he has gotten so big! And the pic of him with your parents is too cute. You can tell they're thrilled to meet their first grandchild. Aww......But, now I think you guys need to schedule your first official family portrait together. Those pictures would be so cute. Just a thought. =D

Mrs.B. said...

Hi Arlene!

So glad you're back, I've missed you and wondered if maybe you'd decided to give up your blog...I'm glad you haven't.

Isn't it amazing how much blogging can take up not just your time but your thoughts?!

Caleb is getting so big and he's still a cutie!

Blessings,
~Mrs.B

Anonymous said...

He's just the most adorable nephew I've ever had! :O) Loved looking at all the new pics on your blog and Jessica's! :D

~Rebecca

Sherry said...

Wow! He is absolutely adorable and getting so big!! Thank you for sharing the pics!!