7/3/07

Sweetness

As we were settling under the covers the other night, I leaned over to give my hubby his customary good-night kiss. Just before I could find him in the darkness, My Airman reached over to snuggle me in his arms. Softly and sweetly, he began to sing these words:

You are so beautiful... to me.
You are so beautiful, to me.
Can't you see?
You're everything I hoped for;
you're everything I need.
You are so beautiful... to me.

After the second line, my eyes began to tear up; by the time he was done with his moonlight serenade, I was sniffling loudly. *sigh* I certainly do love this man! It's amazing to me that God would give me such a wonderful husband. Every day I discover new reasons why I love this man; I believe in my heart, that after 50 years with him, I will still be finding more! :o)

***Disclaimer: We don't listen to secular music, but I still wanted to share my story! It's too sweet to be forgotten about, and this way I will be sure to remember it! :o)

8 comments:

Happymama said...

Arlene, no need for a disclaimer, honey. I think that's a very sweet story and no wonder you don't want to forget it. :)

~Kristi

Anonymous said...

Aww, that's so sweet. But, um, I dont know that song :|

Mrs.B. said...

Very sweet!

Mrs. C said...

There's absolutely nothing wrong with having some sentimental songs that are special for you and your hubby. :)

When my husband serenades me I go back in time to when we were teenagers--so much fun! (wink)
Blessings,
Mrs. C

Anonymous said...

So Sweet!

~Rebecca

Samantha said...

That is so sweet! That a story you should share with your children someday. God is so good to us, even as undeserving as we are!

Mrs. U said...

What a sweet husband!!!

You have a lovely blog. Somehow I landed here and I am glad that I did!

His,
Mrs. U

Arlene said...

Kristi, you're always so good to me and reassuring me. :) I love reading what you have to say.

Samantha, I know; God is so good to us, isn't He? :~)

Mrs. C, when I hear you talk about you and your hubby's story, it makes me smile every time! So sweet that you were high school sweethearts, and are still in love after all these years!

Mrs. U, I'm glad you stopped by for a visit. I think I've "seen" you around Mrs. B's (or somewhere, who knows, LOL!). Well, nice to "meet" you anyway! :)

Thanks for all the kind comments, Ladies! :) My hubby is a sweetheart, I know ;)