8/7/07

Meatloaves

Samantha asked for my meatloaf recipe, so I figured I would post it in case someone else wanted to try it out. :o) The Bacon Cheeseburger Meatloaf turned out very well, and my husband loved it! Of course, he loves meatloaf period, so it's not hard to please him.

I did make a few changes from this recipe, though. *click the link for the recipe* I only used 5 slices of bacon, added an extra 1/4 cup of breadcrumbs, decreased the amount of mustard, and halved the cheddar (I didn't have 8 oz). I also lined the bottom of the loaf pan with bread slices.

Next time, I will also decrease the mayo; I think if I do that, I won't have to add so much of the breadcrumbs. Oh, and I think it only needs one egg. I'm also considering using some BBQ sauce as one reviewer mentioned. If anyone tries it, let me know how it turns out! :o)

The only other meatloaf recipe I use is the one my mom gave me -- Easy Pleazy Meatloaves. hehehe, the name is one of my favorite parts! :P I'm a weirdo like that. Anyway, this is a great recipe because it's... well, easy, for one thing. And for another, most people who don't like meatloaf do like this one.

I made this recipe for company (before I knew the husband didn't like meatloaf!), and he actually told his wife to get this recipe from me! So, see? If you think you don't like meatloaf, try this one; you might be surprised. :o)

Easy Pleazy Meatloaf
2 lbs. ground beef
1 pkg. stuffing mix, any variety
1 cup water
2 eggs, beaten
1/2 cup BBQ sauce, divided

Mix all ingredients except 1/4 cup BBQ sauce. Shape meat mixture into 2 oval loaves, side-by-side in 13x9" baking dish. Top with 1/4 cup BBQ sauce. Bake at 375' for 35 minutes or until center is no longer pink.

2 comments:

Samantha said...

Thanks for posting this! The one with bacon in it sounds especially good to me right now. Bacon is dangerous to have around right now though. I made twice-baked potatoes the other night for some company, and lets just say that not all of the bacon made it into the potatoes :)

I'll be sure to try this recipe soon. My husband loves any dinner that involves lots of meat!

Arlene said...

Oh, trust me -- it is good! And, I am the same way with bacon... it's just yummy! :o)

I posted a Twice-baked potato casserole recipe a while back; click on recipes, and it should be in the archives. It's nice because it has the same flavor as the original, but less work, and yields more. (I don't think it has bacon in it, though you could always add it yourself! :P)