9/4/07

Memories in the moonlight

I've posted before about my husband's late-night conversations, as well as his pillow-stealing tendencies. I have yet another instance for the memory books...

The other night as we were settling in for the evening, we were talking about the day's events as usual. After giving the customary kiss and snuggle, we turned out the lights and started to drift off to sleep. Aside from the tugging of sheets, and adjusting of pillows, the room was silent.

After a moment, my husband rolled over and said to me:

"If you could just give me 10,000 mothballs, that'd be great!"

Grand hand gestures and everything -- eyes completely shut!

Then rolled back over as if nothing happened.

Of course, I started to laugh.

I nudged him: "Babe. Babe! Do you know what you just said?"

"Hmmph? What?"

So, I told him.

And he laughed, too.

Then we both began to get comfortable once again, waiting for sleep to claim us.

The next morning, I mentioned what happened, and he looked at me as if I had lost my mind! He thinks I made up the conversation!

I know I sometimes have an active imagination, but really, I'm not so creative that I could come up with such a random story! LOL!

Oh, well. It's still pretty funny, and I laugh every time I think about it. :o)

7 comments:

Grace said...

That is a hilarious story!:D
My husband talks in his sleep occasionally and he has said some pretty funny things too!

Arlene said...

Grace, isn't it fun to be married?! :P

Happymama said...

Hehehe, that's funny.

~Kristi

Samantha said...

That is too funny! Mothballs of all the things :) I would have laughed about that one too!

Anonymous said...

poor nate he must have really been out of it! LOL jenny

jendi said...

It's vice-versa at our house. I'm the one that will talk occasionally. Not as much since the babies and exhaustion came.

Sometimes I'll be half awake and trying to tell him something, but it doesn't make any sense. Those times I'll remember, but some times he'll tell me what I told him and I don't remember it at all.

Anne said...

That had to be real because it's too random to just be made up:o). Thanks for the laugh!