8/9/07

More yummy-ness!

Seems all I've been posting about are recipes these days... Hopefully I haven't bored anyone too much. If I have... ummmm, sorry. That's what my life's been about as of late, lol! The only thing that matters is that my husband's certainly not complaining about these new treats. :o)

Anyway, you simply must. try. these! It has been excruciatingly hot and dry the past few weeks, and these smoothies were a refreshing treat. The only thing we did differently was that we didn't have any bananas, so we increased the strawberries to 1 1/2 cups. It's so easy that my husband was the one who actually made them -- and he is not a cook by any means. {Which would be why he married me, hehehe, so I could do all the cooking! :o)}

And, speaking of cooking, I made these for lunch today. I didn't have any canned beans on hand, so I made a pot of dried beans (using the overnight soak method) instead. Yet another thing I've been afraid to try; thankfully, they turned out nice and tender.

The quesadillas were great -- fast, tasty, and minimal clean-up. (Instead of crisping them in the oven, though, I just used a large frying pan.)

My Airman loved them and said, "If I couldn't have married a woman who cooks oriental food, I would have chosen to marry a woman who could cook Mexican food! But, I'm really glad that you can do both!"

Did I mention that he had eaten all of his quesadilla and was eyeing mine as he spoke those sweet words? ;o) (Don't worry, I made him another one, so he didn't starve to death!)

Personally, I think he doesn't really care what kind of food he gets as long as he gets it! :o)

4 comments:

Samantha said...

mmmm.. I'm going to make the strawberry smoothies today! I have some strawberries in the fridge that I should use up before we leave for our trip tonight. That sounds really good!

Have you ever made a peanut-butter and banana smoothie? They have them at the surf city squeeze shop in our mall, and I decided to try to make them at home. They're really yummy...if you like peanut-butter and banana that is.

And no, I don't think we homemakers ever get sick of new recipes, lol. Especially the beginners like me who need all the help they can get!

Arlene said...

Mmmm, pb and banana smoothie sounds delish! You should post your recipe :o) Nathan loves smoothies, so we are always looking for a good recipe to try!

I'm glad you like all the recipe posts; I hope Jim will like being a guinea pig when you try them out! :P

Melissa said...

hey, I haven't posted a comment in a while, but I have been reading here and there. I love that you're posting recipes. I'm always looking for new ones to try. Maybe I'll post some of mine as well. :)

Arlene said...

Melissa, nice to "see" you again! I'm glad you've found some recipes you like; I hope you'll try them and that your hubby will enjoy them, too. Let me know if you post any; I'm always looking for new recipes, as well! :~)