8/27/07

Something different

I'm bored, my hubby isn't coming home for another two hours, the baby's is asleep, dinner's in the crock pot, and I can't decide what I would want to bake... so, I "stole" this meme from my best friend. Read it if you're bored. Otherwise, you might want to skip this one or visit someone else! :o)

Tired of those same old 55 questions about me surveys? Well here are 55 I guarantee you've never answered.

1. Is your second toe longer than your first?
Thankfully, no. My toes go in descending order... and yes, I like my feet, lol. :P

2. Do you have a favorite type of pen?
When I was in high school, I was addicted to these glitter gel pens; I always asked Laura to get me some for b-day/Christmas presents. What? I couldn't figure out what else I wanted.

3. Look at your planner for Sept 14, what are you doing?
I'm too lazy to go downstairs and get out my planner. But, if I recall correctly, our church is having a yard sale that day to raise funds for the teen's missions trip to Mexico.

4. What color are your toenails usually?
I haven't painted them in a sweet f-o-r-e-v-e-r, so they're just au naturale.

5. What was the last thing you highlighted?
Something out of a Faith Bible Institute textbook, I think.

6. What color are your bedroom curtains?
I believe the package said "cilantro"

7. What color are the seats in your car?
Thanks to some new (free!) custom-made car seat covers, they are a multi-toned tan and beige. :o) Love them!

8. Have you ever had a black and white cat?
As many cats as we've had, you would think so. But, no.

9. What is the last thing you put a stamp on?
On a letter to... Mrs. C? I think

10. Do you know anyone who lives in Wyoming?
We're military... I just might. But not anyone I can think of at the moment.

11. Why did you withdraw cash from the ATM the last time?
To have cash so we could buy a funnel cake at the county fair. :o) (yes, it was fattening and totally worth it!)

12. Whose is the last baby that you held?
Aside from my own? Um, Jack, who is a visiting couple's youngest son.

13. Unlucky #
I don't believe in "lucky" or "unlucky" things.

14. Do you like Cinnamon toothpaste?
I don't believe I would. Even if I did, I know for a fact that my hubby would not let me buy it. He's picky about his toothpaste, and the only one we can agree on is Mentadent. So that's what we get. :o)

15. What kind of car were you driving 2 years ago?
Toyota Camry... creatively named "Cam." 8-| He "died" shortly after we were married, though. :o(

16. Pick one: Miami Hurricanes or Florida Gators?
Oh, my man would kill me if I picked any team other than the Green Bay Packers! (if this is being literal and asking if I'd rather endure a hurricane or run from a gator... then I think I'd say gator. I've heard that if you run zig-zag, you can get away from them, and I imagine I couldn't really outrun a hurricane)

17. Last time you went to Six Flags?
I don't think I've ever been *gasp* Yes, I've led a sheltered life. :P

18. Do you have any wallpaper in your house?
Nope. Although some of the paint is thick enough that it might feel like there's some on there.

19. Closest thing to you that is yellow?
A big "Cheesehead" hat that My Airman got me for a Christmas present (it was from before we were courting, just to clarify). Yes, I'm married to a genuine, bona fide Cheesehead!

20. Last person to give you a business card?
My friend Sarah who works part-time at a hair salon. She did my hair today, and I can gladly say that my search for a stylist is over!!! Oh, and she did a wonderful job, btw. :o)

21. Who is the last person you wrote a check to?
I believe it was to our church.

22. Closest framed picture to you?
There are 9 of them. 3 from our visit to the Sapporo Ice Festival (Jan '05), 2 of us from when we were stuck in the airport overnight and had to sleep across the chairs (Jul '05), 2 from after we had our church wedding (Jul '05), and 2 from our visit to WI and IN (Jun '05).

23. Last time you had someone cook for you?
My honey made me a ham and egg sandwich for breakfast this morning.

24. Have you ever applied for welfare?
Nope; the Lord has been very good to us.

25. How many emails do you have?
In my inbox? Oh, I don't even want to know. But, they are all separated and organized into folders with categories... because I have slight OCD tendencies, in case you didn't know! ;o)

26. Last time you received flowers?
I was given a corsage on Mother's Day (I was the "newest mom" at church).

27. Do you think the sanctity of marriage is meant for only a man & woman?
Yes. Yes, I definitely do. And I will only vote for a candidate who believes the same thing.

28. Do you play air guitar?
Um, no. I do enough dweeby things without resorting to playing make-believe instruments! :P

29. Has anyone ever proposed to you?
Once. March 17, 2005... in case you're wondering, I said "yes!" ;o)

30. Do you take anything in your coffee?
I take a little coffee with my sugar and cream. :P Not that I drink coffee very often at all. When I do, I'm more of an iced, frou-frou coffee drinker myself.

31. Do you have any Willow Tree figurines?
Nope; doesn't quite go with my decor, though I have seen a select few that I liked.

32. What is/was your high school's rival mascot?
We didn't have any rivals (private "extended homeschool" at our church)

33. Last person you spoke to from high school?
I believe that would be Laura

34. Last time you used hand sanitizer?
A few weeks ago when I was in the nursery.

35. Would you like to learn to play the drums?
Nope. They don't exactly fit into my convictions about music, lol. (unless it was a marching band drum or something... and I still don't want to learn. I'm sure I would be terrible anyway!)

36. What color are the blinds in your living room?
We don't have blinds. We have white roll-up shades. They came with the house. I don't like 'em, but free is always nice, so I can't complain. :o)

38. Last thing you read in the newspaper?
The coupon section

39. What was the last pageant you attended?
I've been part of a Christmas pageant/play... can't say that I've been to any other type of pageants that I can recall.

40. What is the last place you bought pizza from?
Godfather's Pizza

41. Have you ever worn a crown?
Not a real one; just those cheap-o ones, like, from the dollar store. They don't look good; I think my head is shaped funny so they don't fit well. And they give me a headache.

42. What is the last thing you stapled?
Myself. Just kidding! Paper, I would imagine. Now, I couldn't tell you what was on the paper, but you didn't ask that, did you?

43. Did you ever drink clear Pepsi?
I don't believe I have. I'm a Dr Pepper girl myself, but if that's out, then it's coke. Pepsi is usually a last resort.

44. Are you ticklish?
E-x-t-r-e-m-e-l-y! Sometimes, just thinking about being tickled makes me laugh! It kinda drives my husband crazy, yet he uses it against me all the time.

45. Last time you saw fireworks?
On the drive home from church on Independence Day

46. Last time you had a Krispy Kreme doughnut?
Shortly after we arrived back Stateside... it was pretty good. Even though they had discontinued my favorite strawberry-filled doughnuts just a few days before our visit! I almost cried -- I was 37 weeks pregnant; I was a tad bit hormonal, lol! ;o)

47. Who is the last person that left you a message and you actually returned it?
Um, Annie? Actually, I think I picked up while she was leaving her message. Same difference!

48. Last time you parked under a carport?
Every day.

49. Do you have a black dog?
Nope, no doggies here.

50 . Have you had your mid-life crisis yet?
I don't believe I have. I'm hoping to skip that, though.

51. Are you an aunt or uncle?
By blood, no. By marriage, I have a niece and a nephew. By best-friend-status, I have a nephew and another ummm... well, we don't know the gender yet, but there's another one on the way! :o)

52. Who has the prettiest eyes that you know of?
My hubby has some lovely hazel eyes that I could gaze into forever. :o)

Where's question #53?
Isn't that it?

54. Do you remember Ugly Kid Joe?
Apparently not.

55. Do you have a little black dress?
I don't. I have very few dresses, actually. We're planning to work on this once we have the car paid off... 5 more months!!! Woo-hoo!!! :~D

Anyone else wants to do this, leave me a comment so I can visit your blog and read your answers! :o)

8 comments:

Jendi said...

I've been tagged! My first time! I'm so excited. =-)

I answered the questions on my blog.

Take care.

Happymama said...

I promise to TRY to remember to do this when I get the time. :)

That was a very interesting survey.

~Kristi

Grace said...

This looks like it would be fun to do :) I really enjoyed reading your answers.

Arlene said...

Oh, Grace, you should do it, too! :)
~~

Jendi, thanks for joining in!
~~

Kristi, take your time, girl! I know you are busy :) I hope you will get a chance to do it soon, though; I just know you will have some hilarious answers :P

Mrs. Brigham said...

Memes are a great boredom buster, aren't they? :P

Arlene said...

Yes, they definitely are! It's amazing how bored I can get when Caleb is napping :~) lol

Vicky said...

This was cute! :) Nice to learn a little more about you, Arlene, since I've just stumbled upon your blog recently. :D Is Nathan from WI? Go Packers!! (Ok, so I'm from WI! ha ha)

Arlene said...

Vicky, yes, my hubby is a cheesehead! LOL, nice to meet you, and glad you stopped by!