8/6/07

A tip

Since My Airman is back on swings, I have been trying to have a nice lunch ready before he goes to work. I was struggling with making everything in the morning while still trying to take care of the baby and get ready for the day.

I'd rather stay up late than get up early, so I finally came up with a brilliant idea -- remember how I was bored while my honey's at work? Well, now, when the baby goes down for the night, I look at my menu and get as much prepared the night before. Then, each morning, I only have to mix a few things together and/or heat it up on the stove or in the oven. Tonight I will be making Bacon Cheeseburger Meatloaf, mashed potatoes, and corn... and maybe some rolls. Oh, and apple crisp for dessert -- if it's not too late.

An added bonus of this new schedule is that I can spend more time with my hubby and son without having to rush around to make lunch, pack the lunchbox, get laundry done, and do other general tidying up. It has been working out just perfectly! I know that ordering our home won't always be this easy, but from reading other homemaker's blogs, I know that it is possible to make things work.

Yet another reason I'm glad to be a homemaker -- I can choose to make my schedule fit however and wherever it needs to! :o) I love it!

4 comments:

Dan and Heather said...

Hello! I found your blog through 'View From My Fishbowl' and could relate to your post, having also been raised without a lot of feminine dress principles. I enjoyed visiting your site, and I think your son is adorable! My son will be ten months next week. God bless you! Heather

Samantha said...

That sounds like a good idea! Since Jim and I have been married I've really struggled with getting his lunches ready. Usually it's just leftovers from the night before, and he likes that. It would be nice to have a little more variety though. What types of lunches do you usually pack for Nathan?

Oh and your meatloaf sounds delicious! I've never made meatloaf before, maybe you could share your recipe :)

Arlene said...

I normally do leftovers, too. Sometimes I do sandwiches -- chicken salad, tuna, meat and cheese, etc. -- but not too often because they're not as filling and I'd have to pack at least 4 sandwiches to appease him!

Nathan prefers to eat the leftovers, anyway, which is fine, because there isn't any waste. :) Plus, his coworkers are always jealous that he gets real home-cooked meals, hehehe!

I posted the recipes for you; you could also try the McCormick meatloaf seasoning mix. That's always been my one of my favorite recipes for meatloaf. :) Easy, too.

Arlene said...

Heather, so nice to meet you. Thank you for your sweet comment; I'll have to pop over and visit you, as well :)