9/19/07

Unofficially official

Well, My Airman still hasn't been given the "official congratulations" from the commander, but it is official enough that we can tell people he did indeed make rank! :o) I'm making the assumption that none of my honey's supervisors read my blog, so even if we weren't technically allowed to tell... how would they know? LOL! :P

My husband was figuring he would pass or fail by about 5 points or so, but surprisingly (well, he was surprised, at least) he passed by about 25 points. Yeah, I got me a smart 'un. ;o) hehehe His line number is something like, 10, 293.5 -- which means he will sew-on around May or Juneish. That would also be when we would start seeing that pay raise -- woo-hoo. :o)

We weren't positive he would make rank, and were actually preparing for him to retest during the next cycle, but God is so good to give this promotion to my husband! We were praying that the Lord's will would be done; we felt that we needed the raise, but knew that regardless, the Lord would provide for us with or without it, so long as we remained faithful. Philippians 4:19 holds true yet again -- my God shall supply all our needs.

As a friend of mine likes to say: "God is good -- all the time!"

7 comments:

Samantha said...

Congratulations! That's very exciting news! Hard work and dedication really do pay off in the end.

Mrs. C said...

Wonderful news! I'm happy for you. :)
Blessings,
Mrs. C

Mrs. Brigham said...

Congrats! How exciting!! :o)

jendi said...

CONGRATULATIONS!

Happymama said...

Yep! God is good---all the time!!!

Congratulations to Nathan!!! WOOHOOOOOOOO

~Kristi

Anne said...

You are so right... God IS good! Congrats!

Rebecca said...

Congratulations!