12/3/07

Cinnamon Roll Biscuits

I was visiting Kelli's blog today, and stumbled across this recipe (scroll down to see Kelli's mouth-watering pictures and get the recipe). Since my husband mentioned a craving for cinnamon rolls, I decided to surprise him when he returned from PT (physical training).

I opted to make only one batch of the biscuit mix and bake in an 8x8 pan. I also made some icing with 1/2 cup powdered sugar and about 1-2 tsp. milk (just enough so that it's smooth and drizzle-able... for the purposes of this post, that is a valid word, lol) The recipe made 8 tender biscuits with a delicious filling. Perfect for the taste of cinnamon rolls without a lot of fuss.

They smelled absolutely wonderful!!!
A keeper recipe, for sure!
Quick, easy, and delicious --
just the way I like 'em! :o)

10 comments:

Mrs. C said...

Arlene, thanks for stopping by my blog today and leaving a sweet comment. :)

Those cinnamon rolls look delicious; I'm sure there's not a calorie in them! :)

Have a blessed day,
Mrs. C

Mrs. C said...

BTW, I LOVE your wintery blog design. You did a wonderful job. :) I collect snowmen and thought this look was adorable. :)

Anonymous said...

Yummm!

Happymama said...

Arlene, I'm sure these are great...especially warm, huh? You know, when the icing is still sticky and the cinnamon clings to your lips. Mmmmmmmmm

~Kristi

Mrs.B said...

First off, great job on the new blog design, it looks WONDERFUL!

And those cinnamon rolls look delicious!! (o:

Blessings,
~Mrs.B

Vicky said...

Yummy! Thanks for posting the link - I may make a small pan, too, even if it is just to make the house smell good. :o)

I like the new look to your blog, too!

Adele said...

I love your new page! It looks great!

How do you and Nathan manage to stay thin with all the yummy things you cook and bake? I'm afraid of what the Christmas cookies we're going to bake will do to me! :)

The cinnamon rolls sure look yummy!

roanne said...

So, Nathan gets back from PT and you surprise him with cinnamon rolls. LOL That's funny. =D But, yeah, they look amazingly delicous! I'll have to try those out.

Arlene said...

Roanne,
LOL, okay, I guess that does sort of defeat the purpose of exercising, doesn't it?! But, it made him happy, and isn't that what really matters? :P

BTW, I'm sure you noticed that your prediction of the Cowboys and Packers was correct... of course, Nathan wasn't very happy! But, when they lost, I immediately thought of your comment -- you jinxed it, LOL! ;)

Oh, and we got your card today; was the pic taken at Dan's ALS grad? You both looked great! I want to see the whole dress, though, since I know you spent forever looking for it! :~) Next year's pic will have to include the fur-babies! :)

Arlene said...

Ladies,
Thanks for the compliments on the blog re-design! Of course, half of it was because of Mrs. B's wonderful post, so really, all credit should go to her -- thanks for sharing your tips, Mrs. B! :~)
~~~
And, Kristi,
That is exactly how I ate mine; nice, warm, and with a tall glass of milk to wash it down, of course. Yum-o!