1/3/08

A Good Start

The baby is napping, towels are freshly folded and ready to be put away, dinner is made, and my honey is off of work early tonight...

Yes, I'd say we are off to a pretty good start this year. :o)

Our visit with My Airman's family went splendidly. The drive was very long, and my honey spent more time behind the wheel than anticipated, but -- thank the Lord! -- we still made good time and were blessed with safe travels. (A big "Thank you" to all those that prayed for us and wished us well!)

Before we left, I resolved to have the sink empty and every last bit of laundry washed, dried, folded, and put away. I almost accomplished my goal -- not quite everything was tucked into its drawer -- and I am so glad that I decided to get that done.

When we returned from our trip, I wasn't dreading the pile of laundry or sinkful of dishes; I had only to wash the clothing from our trip. We walked in the house, and, rather than get frazzled over a mess, I was able to keep my relaxed spirit.

I seriously need to remember this trick for our next trip! :o) (...and should probably put that more into practice for everyday life, LOL!)

Anyway, nothing earth-shattering is really coming to my mind right now (um, does it ever?), so instead of droning on, I will leave you with a few recent pictures. Enjoy! :o)

~Family photo~


~An actual picture of me and the Little Man!~


~More interested in paper than presents, LOL!~


~What else can I tear up?~


~Saying bye-bye to Grandma and Grandpa~


~Doesn't it look as if he's taking his own picture?~


~Visiting with "Pop" and "Granny"~
(Missionary friends we met in Japan)


~Sleeping away the final moments of 2007~

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cute pictures! As Caleb gets older, he looks more and more like his Daddy!! Glad you guys had a safe and fun trip!

Mrs. C said...

Looks like you had a wonderful trip! It's always nice to get home again and back to the routine, though. Caleb sure is growing up!

Have a blessed new year,
Mrs. C

Grace said...

I know what you mean about trying to get everything done before leaving on a trip...it's never fun coming home to housework! I'm glad that you all had a good trip, all the new pictures are great...Caleb is a real cutie:)

Katy said...

What a wonderful time! Those are great pictures! You have a beautiful family! :)

Susan said...

I love to come home to a clean house! Sounds like you had a nice time - welcome home!

Anonymous said...

Awwww! I love the last picture of Caleb...so cute. Happy new year to all of you!

Rebecca

Jendi said...

I know just what you mean about coming home to a clean house. I try to do everything I can and still leave on time for trips.

The pic of you and Caleb will be a treasure for him when he is older.

Have a great day!

Anonymous said...

Oh, and I know what you mean about cleaning before trips. I always do that! It's so important to me to come home to a clean house. :o) I also do laundry the day before we leave (since our big family vacation is at the condo in NC & we have a washer and dryer there). That way I have no laundry to do when we return except for a few odds and ends. Works great!

Rebecca

Anonymous said...

Awe. It looks like ya'll had a wonderful Christmas! Caleb is gettin so big!

*Tiffany

roanne said...

Looks like you guys had a fun Christmas. Hope you got some good presents! =) And look at that cute dog! It kinda looks like Daisey. Haha =D

Happymama said...

That last picture is so priceless. Looks like Christmas tuckered the little guy out.

:)

~Kristi