3/26/08

It's my birthday!

Okay, well, not actually today... but it is still my birthday week, so that should count for something, right? :o)

Don't you love this picture? I chose it because it looks just like the cake I made for my birthday. I tell you, it was deeeeee-lish! It is a great recipe from my friend Sherry, but I sorta think that using my brand-new KitchenAid mixer helped make it taste just that much better!

In my mind, at least. ;o)

So, anyway, since it is still my birthday week, will you all do me a favor and do just one of these three things:

A. Clean my house

B. Send me a present

C. Leave a comment


Remember, you only have to do JUST ONE!
(I'll give you a hint: if you choose C, you can save on postage and airfare! Not to mention it's so much less work! :P)

It's totally up to you what you want to do, though... ;o)

I know I have a few regular readers that are very, very quiet, and it would be a great blessing to me if you just said a quick "hello!" And maybe let me know how long you've been reading or how you found me.

That would be a really great birthday present -- and, look! You didn't even have to get up from your comfy chair! :o) How great is that?!

Now, if you'll excuse me, I think I'm going to go eat that last piece of strawberry cake!

16 comments:

Rhonda said...

Happy happy Birthday!
God bless you and your family greatly!
In Christ,
Rhonda

D'Rae said...

Happy Birthday! I have been reading since before you were pregnant!

Mrs. C said...

I hope you enjoyed your birthday! If you make it down my way I'll treat you to lunch--a belated birthday gift. ;)
Blessings,
Mrs. C

Rachel said...

Happy, HAPPY Birthday! A bit belated, of course...but the wishes still count. :)

Happymama said...

The cake looks yummy...would have loved to have shared a piece with ya. I'm too far away to clean your house, so "A" is out. I'm broke from this past weekend, so "B" is out too. The only thing left is option "C" and, well, here it is!

Love ya!
~Kristi

Grace said...

I hope you had a great birthday! Your cake sounds yummy, I'm sure you had fun using your new mixer:)

abrightnewdawn said...

I'll choose "C" as well. I have no idea how long I've been reading. I know you were pregnant. I know you were in Japan. And I, for the life of me, I can not remember where I found ya!!! But I read!!
Happy Birthday!

Tori said...

{{{{ARLENE}}}}}

How cool is this, we're birthday girls together. Is yours on the 26th???

I'm so happy for you, hope your birthday was everything you wanted!!!

Rebecca said...

Hope you had a happy day!

Jendi said...

Happy Birthday week!
May God bless you and yours.

liz said...

Happy belated birthday! I'm usually a lurker, but decided to come out of the woodwork for your special day. I'm not sure how I found your blog, but I really enjoy it. Your little boy is such a cutie!

Lauren said...

Happy Birthday! I've just found your blog recently, but I enjoy reading it! The cake is making me hungry, by the way! C:

~Tori~ said...

Happy Birthday, Arlene! Hope you had a great day! :-)

I've stopped by your blog before and enjoyed reading through it!

Sherri said...

Happy Birthday, Arlene! I found you through Rebecca's blog and I've been reading since March of 2006, I think.

Vicky said...

Happy Birthday, Arlene! :o)

Sorry I missed out, but we've been kinda busy here - moving does that to a gal, right? :o)

Your cake sounds deee-lish! Did I see a link at all, or a recipe from this Sherry friend of yours? :o) LOL!

And to make your birthday greetings (belated as they may be...) even sweeter, I think you are about 10 years younger than me.. *sigh* ;o) You're just a young whipper snaper! :o) I got married at 25 and it took us several years to get pregnant, soooo..... let's just say I was happy I had Mikaylah while I was still 30 (barely)! :o)

Lots of hugs!!

Daughter of the King said...

A belated Happy Birthday..may you grow closer to the Lord in this new year of your life.
Deby