4/2/08

Mmmm, I want s'more!

What happens when you take...

These ingredients

Mix 'em up with my birthday present
Do you see me? hehehe

And bake it?
A S'more Cheesecake
of course!

Mmmm...
a close-up of some chocolatey, marshmallowy goodness

S'more Cheesecake

Chocolate Graham Crust
2 1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs
1/3 cup powdered sugar
1/4 cup cocoa powder
5 Tbs. unsalted butter, melted

Combine dry ingredients. Stir in butter. Using back of a spoon, press mixture on bottom and 1 3/4" up sides of a 10" springform pan. Set aside.

Filling
16 oz. cream cheese, softened
14 oz. can sweetened condensed milk
2 tsp. vanilla extract
3 eggs
1 cup miniature marshmallows
1 cup semisweet chocolate chips

Topping
1 cup mini marshmallows
1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
1 Tbs. butter

In a large bowl, beat cream cheese, milk, and vanilla together until smooth.
Add eggs and beat on low until just combined.
Stir in marshmallows and chocolate chips.
Pour cheesecake mixture evenly over prepared crust.
Place in a pre-heated 325* oven for 40-45 minutes, until center is almost set.
Remove from oven, sprinkle with marshmallows, and bake an additional 4-6 minutes (until marshmallows are puffed).
Meanwhile, melt chocolate and butter over low heat.
Drizzle over top of cheesecake.
Cool cheesecake on a wire rack for 10 minutes.
Run a knife around the edge of the pan; cool 1 hour.
Cover and refrigerate overnight to cool completely.
Remove sides of pan, slice, and serve.

8 comments:

Happymama said...

Oh wow! That looks so GOOD! Thanks for sharing the recipe.

Love your new mixer. Aren't they great?

~Kristi

Lauren said...

Yummo! Those mixers are HEAVY!

Tori said...

Oh Arlene, you've out done your self! That looks deadly! Oh I wish we could get marshmellows here, I would be making that one for sure.

Oh yea and I love your new birthday gift!

Arlene said...

Ladies, I DO love my new mixer -- can't you tell?! I've been mixin' up a storm, hehehe! My hubby surely is happy, though, because he is enjoying all these sweet treats :~D

~~~
Oh, Tori, you don't know how deadly this cheesecake is! Thankfully, we had company over and they polished it off... otherwise, I might have eaten it all by myself! :P Well, whenever I send you something, I'll be sure to include some marshmallows! :o)

Lauren said...

Thanks so much for all the washing machine suggestions! I'm going to try some! I've just been reading up on it myself, but some of what you said, I'd not found. I appreciate your help :o)

BrittLeigh said...

oh my goodness, that looks so good it's plain evil!!!! I have all I can do not to run into the kitchen to whip this baby up right now. I definitely am going to bookmark this though and try it.... like first thing in the morning or something... LOL :D

Grace said...

Wow! That looks absolutely delicious! I can hardly wait to try your recipe...I'm a real cheesecake lover:)

Vicky said...

Ooooh, boy, does that look yummy! I will have to copy that one - I love to make cheesecakes. It seems to be the perfect dessert to make when you have company. :o)

I have a KitchenAid mixer, too, and love it! I have to get used to using it more, though, as we grew up doing everything by hand (even mixing our bread - ow!) and I'm still so used to doing it that way. But I baked cookies the other day and it's SO much faster to let the mixer do it all! ;)