8/5/08

Opinions needed

Okay, so a while ago, I did some rearranging around the house and I need a second opinion (or maybe a third and fourth and... ;o) LOL)

I hung this clock above my shelf because I felt the space was a little empty. I do like the clock being on the side wall because I can see what time it is regardless of where I'm sitting.
I originally had it hanging over my calendar and wire shelf/key rack, but then I thought I would try my picture above them instead.


The problem is that I can't decide if I really like the way it all looks.


Oh, and here's a close-up of the framed picture.
My friend Tiffany took it herself and then added my favorite verse.
Isn't it just gorgeous?! I love it. :o)

Call unto me, and I will answer thee,
and shew thee great and mighty things,
which thou knowest not.
~
Jeremiah 33:3~

So, what do you think?
Should I take the clock down?
Move the picture somewhere else?

So many questions...

I hate making decisions.
Have I ever mentioned that?

8 comments:

sarahf730 said...

Next time we're at your house I will have to check it out. I'm not good with pictures -- I have to be there to really know what I think. :-)

Also, go to daysofwonder.com -- there's a new ticket to ride game!!
But it's only 2-3 players. But it looks fun -- I might get it too -- I'm really addicted to these games. Last night Jason and I played 3 games in a row -- he beat me at all three -- I was sooooooo frustrated that I actually started crying -- dumb I know -- I was just so frustrated that I couldn't get the cards I needed.

New Mom said...

Hmmm... I think I might switch out the clock for the pictures. The colors in the picture go well with the lamp. The clock looks pretty good there too though, I think I just don't like the picture hanging so high. But it is hard to tell perspective from a camera.

Mrs. C said...

I'm having a hard time figuring out the angle. The clock isn't bad where it is if it doesn't seem too off center from the angle you actually see it from. Also, is the picture very high? I usually hang mine just above the line of my eyes. Clear as mud???? :)

D'Rae said...

I agree with switching the clock and the photo. The photo just looks too high where it is now.

Deborah said...

I like it the way you have it. I'm not sure the picture would look good with the lamp in the other spot.

^Tiffany^ said...

Awe, thats my picture! Well yours but you know.

I like the place the clock is, but the picture is a bit iffy, it is tough to totally tell by pictures....

BUT I think I would move them, or switch them too.

I'm so glad to see you like the picture!

Diamond to Be said...

Hi Arlene! Nice to see you again! Thank you, the blondies were superb. YUM.

I like your clock where it is. As for the picture, I agree with the previous commenters who said it is hung too high. That is a common decorating faux-pas. Maybe you could move all three pieces down.

And hey, I really like your hair cut and color. Very pretty, soft style. Now it's my turn to go. I can never decide whether I am getting it cut shorter or getting a trim to grow it out in an orderly manner. Arghh! I hate that in-between length. How can my beautician possibly win? LOL

Sally

Jendi said...

I know I'm late and it's already decided, but I wanted to add my 2 cents worth anyways. :)

I would leave the clock where it is because 1. I think it looks fine, and 2. You have to factor in the point of the clock being easy to see from anywhere in the room.

I think you did good with moving the stuff down. I'm short also, but in my house I hang the stuff at my eye level. It's my house and I look at the stuff the most.