7/5/08

Sleep Talker

My handsome airman has been working some lo-o-o-o-n-g hours this past week. As in, 12 hour mid shifts -- 6pm to 6am. 8 days straight. No time off. Not even Independence Day because he's working weekends, too! Do you feel the slightest tinge of sympathy for my honey yet? :o(

He, of course, is handling it well.

At least, I thought he was.

Until I sneaked back into the bedroom one morning to ask him (what was supposed to be) a quick question.

This is how our conversation went:

Me: Babe, what time do you want me to wake you up this afternoon?

My Airman: Mmmmm...

*nudge* Honey, I need to know when to get you up...


*mumble*mumble*mumble*


What did you say?

Five eighty-five.

*giggling* Babe, can you hear me?
What time do you want to wake up?


*enunciating every word*
Fifty. five. eighty. five.


*smirking* Really. Fifty-five eighty-five? That's interesting.
*sigh* Baby, if you just wake up and answer this question, you can go back to sleep!
What time do you want me to wake you up?


Egg salad.

What?!

*enunciating every word *again*
I want an egg salad sandwich!

*giggling uncontrollably and gasping for breath*

I nudged him again, and he did finally wake up enough to answer my question...
but I just couldn't help myself and had to post this.

Hope everyone had a wonderful celebration of our country's birthday! And, if your day hasn't been going well, hopefully this post will make you smile. :o)
Well, I'm off to make some stuffed bell peppers for lunch! Yummy!

11 comments:

Grace said...

How funny:) My hubby talks is his sleep sometimes too...I always get a good laugh when he does:)

By the way, are you sure you shouldn't be fixing egg salad sandwiches instead...Just kidding:) Those stuffed pepper do sound good.

Happymama said...

Stuffed Bell Peppers??? What about the egg salad? LOL

Bless his heart. He sounds exhausted.

~Kristi

Jendi said...

I'm curious too. Did he get some egg salad?

Diamond to Be said...

Hi Arlene,
Thanks for the blond brownie tips! You are a true friend. :o) Do you change the baking time at all when you double the recipe? I have to know because with six people in this house I don't make an 8x8 pan of anything. lol!

As for the macaroni salad, I rate it about a 7, and my daughter rates it 9.5. It's good, but not to die for... I made it again yesterday and used miracle whip, not mayo, and I added about 1/4 t of dill, but no onion. It's kind of versatile, as all those pasta salads are.

When I make those brownies of yours I will have to make sure someone is around to keep me out of them, but I am pretty good at covert operations (read: intemperate).
My SIL makes some killers, too, by adding 1 C coconut, 1 C marshmallows, chopped nuts, and enough chocolate chips to satisfy the soul.

This comment probably belongs down there on your brownie post -- this is sort of out of context. Thanks for coming over!
Sally

Roanne said...

Stuffed peppers?! You heard the man, he wants an egg salad sandwich! LOL

Diamond to Be said...

Okay, I am all ready and armed with instructions for those blondies. :o) Just waiting for a cold front... maybe next week. It's only supposed to be 107. lol!
Thanks!

Lauren said...

LOL!!!!!

Starr said...

ROFLOL That is hilarious! I'd keep laughing if I didn't feel so sorry for him! LOLOL (oops! Sorry!)
My Honey doesn't talk in his sleep, but he is disoriented when I try to ask him something while he's waking up.
And Arlene, the brownies are on the TO DO list for this weekend! I'm afraid.... I hope there's people around to help eat them! LOL

Jessica said...

Nathan and Rebecca are really good at talking in their sleep. I know it can be terrible to do - but sometimes it's fun to "try" to keep them talking in their sleep. ha ha funny

Tori said...

Oh that's really funny. He must have been plum tuckered out!

Adele said...

That's hilarious! I can't laugh too much though because I've been known to talk in my sleep too.