9/2/08

Dinner Dilemma


When it's dinner time and I'm in a hurry, one of my favorite go-to dinners is Chicken Broccoli Braid*. It's easy, tasty, and filling. Plus, it doesn't take a lot of hard work, but it's still pretty. (if I do say so myself)

Oh, and my honey loves it -- it's one of his most frequent requests.

Well, this and pizza. He's easy to please, what can I say? :o)

My problem is that I can never decide what to serve alongside this dish. There is chicken, cheese, and broccoli tucked in that braid (if I don't forget to put it in, hehehe), so it's kind of a casserole-one-pot-wonder-everything-but-the-kitchen-sink type of meal, you know what I mean?

So, my question is, if you were serving this to your family (
if you have to, pretend they all love broccoli, okay?), what else would you put on the table? Does it even need anything else? Would you just serve it as is?

Well, at least I don't need help to decide what should accompany these babies.

Um... not that there are any left.

But, I mean, if there were...




~*~*~*~*~*~*
*The changes I make to the chicken recipe are as follows:
2 chicken breasts, poached and chopped
pepper, to taste
omit dill-seasoning
omit bell pepper
omit almonds
omit egg-wash
everything else remains the same :o)

9 comments:

Sherry said...

I love this braid! Unfortunately, dh and dd don't like broccoli and ds prefers fresh. Oh, well! I might serve a fresh green salad or a fruit salad along side of it. :D

We love SNICKERDOODLES!! Now I will have to make some as my mouth is watering. LOL!

Jendi said...

I agree with Sherry. Salad would be nice, but my first choice would probably be applesauce because we like it and it's kid friendly.

Nikki said...

I make that for my hubby every year for his birthday and father's day. It's his ALL time favorite. I put EVERYTHING in it. I must admit it is NOT one of my favorites, though.

I'm Nikki, by the way, LONG time larker...LOL

Adele said...

I was going to suggest a salad or some kind of fruit as well. Sometimes I serve canned peaches or pears with dinner. Looks yummy!

Tori said...

Hmm, that looks so yummy. I think it would be even better with a side salad.

Great recipe!

Vicky said...

Thanks for the recipes, Arlene! I love when people make something and blog about it - especially when it is something like I would normally make! :)
I am feeling a burst of energy so maybe I will bake cookies tonight. ;)

Amy Fichtner said...

Thanks for the "braid" recipe, I will have to try it!!

By the way, I found you through Missy's blog.

Sandy said...

Yes, fruit or salad would be good. Are you proud of me figuring out a few things about this blogging stuff!? I want to try this recipe too if I can figure out the braiding part. PW

roanne said...

Okay, so I'm making my weekly meal plan, and I decided that I'm FINALLY going to try to make your chicken brocolli braid. LOL I've actually been wanting to make it for awhile, but I just havent gotten around to it. I'll let you know how it goes...