9/18/08

Well, my honey was informed today that we are looking at another 4 month separation sometime next year. *sigh*

There is a very slight chance that things could change and he won't go... but I'm not holding my breath.

Since this won't be our first time apart, I kinda know what to expect. Although, this time around, it won't be just me and the kitty... I have a little boy to take care of, and that will be a completely different aspect for me. The good news is that my airman will more than likely be home in time for our anniversary, so I guess I really shouldn't complain!

And, as I mentioned previously, we've been waiting for this; it hasn't come as a complete surprise. The only thing that really saddens me is that he'll miss both the Little Man's and my birthdays. Oh, well.

It's only September, so I'm trying not to dwell on this information and just enjoy this time together while we can.

10 comments:

Sherry said...

:( Sorry to hear that he may be going away for a little while. It definitely is a blessing to have him there for the holidays though and hopefully your anniversary, too. (((HUGS)))

Rachel said...

Oh, that's too bad. I'll be thinking of you! You'll have to make the upcoming holidays extra special. :)

Anonymous said...

To where? Afghanistan again?

Rebecca

Laura said...

Sorry, Laney!! I will pray he gets to skip this one.

Adele said...

Are you able to write where or would that be breaching security?

I'm glad he gets to be with you for Christmas and New Years. You'll just have to tell him that even though he'll be gone for your birthdays, he'll still have to celebrate when he gets home. :)

The Nelson's said...

I am sorry to hear that. You'll be in our prayers.

I love the new layout! So sophisticated!

roanne said...

Aww...I'm sorry he's leaving again! But, at least this time you have Caleb (and Abby) to keep you busy. =) And then before you know it, he'll be home. I know this latest deployment has pretty much just gone by so fast. I cant believe we've already been through 4!

Grace said...

That would be so hard...I'll be sure to keep you in my prayers. I can't even imagine being without my hubby for that long! In a couple months my father-in-law, who is in the Army reserves, will be is headed over to Afghanistan for the second time.

The Nelson's said...

I do need to turn that thing on so I don't get comments like that. How do I do it? I looked, but I didn't see it. Maybe I did. Haha.

Mrs. C said...

I'll be praying for you as you prepare for this time of separation.
((Hugs))