10/13/08

Cinnamon Tassies

ETA: There were a few questions, so I thought I'd clarify here to be a bit more helpful. I found the chips in the baking aisle (at our local Kroger), right next to the chocolate chips. I don't know if they're available at the commissary, so if you're military, you might have to look off-base. If you can't find them, you might just use butterscotch, peanut butter, chocolate chips, etc, and change the name accordingly... I plan to try other variations next time I make these. I'm pretty sure they'll be delicious, too. :o)
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
When I was growing up, my mom would make these cinnamon "cookies" that were just to die for! So.stinkin'.good. She only made them around Christmas, and I looked forward to them every year.

A while back, my parents finally gave me a copy of the recipe {after I my oh-so-subtle hint} but I never got around to making them. Until yesterday. Well, Thursday and yesterday. My goodness, they are a lot of work! But, I can say with all honesty they are totally worth every bit of effort!

I never knew what to call them, though. They're not really cookies or muffins. More like a bite-size pie, I guess. Which, I think, is what a tassie is. (Have you ever heard of a pecan tassie? I saw Paula Deen make them once, and although I'm not particularly fond of nuts, they looked pretty tasty!) Anyway, in light of all that useless information, I opted to change the name to Cinnamon Tassies.

Just thought you'd like to know that. :o)

Someday, I'll invest in one of these mini tart shaper thingamabobs because I know I will be making these scrumptious cookies tassies bite-size pies goodies again and again!

Now. You must run to the store, buy some cinnamon chips (they're right next to the chocolate chips), and make up a batch! And print extra copies of the recipe -- you'll definitely need them to hand out to friends who will be sure to ask for a copy!

One last thing: Be careful! These babies are so good and so tiny, you'll eat half a dozen of 'em without even realizing it. Not that I would know this from personal experience. I thought I'd warn you, though. Just in case. Because I'm a good friend like that. ;o)

6 comments:

Sarah said...

Since I was at your house and tried these, I thought I would follow up your post by saying they are REALLY good!! And they are like a small little pie. Very good -- I even dreamed about eating them last night! :-)

Jenny said...

I make Pecan Tassies all the time! It is one of mine and JOshs favorite new pampered chef recipes!! YUMMY!

Sherry said...

Oh, yum! These sound divine!! I've made pecan tassies. Now where did you find the cinnamon chips?

BrittLeigh said...

Mmmm.... those look delicious! I'm saving the recipe.... will have to try them on my sweetie sometime ;)

Nikki said...

Those look wonderful but I'm allergic to cinnamon, I wonder if they would be good with chocolate chips or some other kind?!?! I might just for-go the allergy and eat the cinnamon and pray that I don't swell to bad...LOL

Tori said...

Yummy!! I didn't know you could even get cinnamon chips, how cool.

Love that cool gadget, looks neato!