10/21/08

Glorious

Yesterday was a glorious day -- my honey is finally off of those horrible twelve-hour midshifts! Praise the Lord!

We had breakfast, lunch, and dinner -- as a family! together! -- before he went in to work.

I saw him for more than just 3 hours. I smiled pretty much all day...

In a few weeks, he'll even be going off of mid-shift completely and be placed back on days.

*sigh* Glorious, I tell you.

Now we can really enjoy each other's company instead of feeling rushed and harried to squeeze in any together time before his work day begins. I think it'll make these next few months a little easier on me before the countdown to his homecoming begins.

Image credit: Flickr

5 comments:

Sherry said...

Woohoo! How exciting! :D

Mrs. C said...

I'm so glad that you guys are now able to have more quality time together. :)

Laura said...

Yay!! No more 12's :)
I asked Brandon to ask to go back on days once he gets back home. I miss my hubby, too!!

Tori said...

Oh I'm so excited for you and hubby! My husband did nights for a while and it was the most miserable time in our marriage.

So glad that God is working this out and I'm sure you'll make the best of the found time together!

Coby said...

I know how you feel. I'm stuck on a 12-hour night shift right now. Makes it hard to keep in contact with my finacée back in the States.

How have things been with you lately, Arlene?