10/14/08

Happy Birthday!

I enjoy cooking for my family. I love to bake. I try to make things from scratch if I can. And, if I do say so myself, I think I'm getting pretty good at all this stuff.

And then, every once in a while, something flops... like the German Chocolate Mess Cake that I made for my airman's birthday today. *sigh* I had such high hopes for it, too.

Oh, well. Another reason I love this man: he appreciates any and all efforts on my part -- the messes and the successes. Obviously, this cake was the former. He still enjoyed it, though.
Happy Birthday, Honey!
I love you!

8 comments:

Sherry said...

Awww! Happy birthday, Nathan!

Adele said...

Happy birthday, Nathan! Hope you have (or had!) a wonderful day!

Brittney said...

Awww.... I'm so glad I'm not the only one who makes occasional flops in the kitchen :). Gotta love our men who love us anyway :)

Mrs. C said...

Hey, it doesn't matter what it looks like as long as it tastes good. :)

Happy birthday to your hubby. :)

Mary Ann said...

This has happened to me, too. I bet it tasted delicious!
I love German Chocolate cake.

New Mom said...

Hi Arlene. I was wondering if you received my comment or if it disappeared into cyberspace?

Samantha said...

Arlene, I made a cake that looked similar for Jim's last birthday. It was homeade red-velvet cake, and the sides were crumbly as can be. I bet your cake still tasted good though, and that's what really matters to our sweeties.

Happy (be-lated) birthday Nathan!

roanne said...

Awww....Well, I'm sure after all the effort you put into it, your hubby still enjoyed his cake (he better hahaha)!

Oh, and how did he like his present? Was he surprised?