10/24/08

More vocabulary

I don't know that my brain will ever fully comprehend the fact that my little boy is no longer a baby. He is a full-blown toddler.

Every day he learns something new, says something differently, and wedges himself just a little bit deeper into my heart... if that were even possible.


Despite what the calendar says, my little boy - who I know will be a man all too soon - will always be my sweet baby.

ah done -> all done
ba-oo -> balloon
bahowz -> balls
bike
boot

boort -> bird
bubbas -> bubbles
boo -> blue
caygum -> Caleb

chur -> chair
choorch -> church
uh-mere -> come here
doggie oof-off -> doggie, woof woof!
gink -> drink
key-cum -> excuse me

fwowah -> flower
gim -> green
gee-ip -> grape
heyo -> hello
ha-har -> hair

uh-go -> Here you go
ome -> home
ouse ->
house
uh-duck -> I'm stuck!
guygick -> Isaac
on-dis -> I want this

guckuh -> juggle
dup -> jump
yook -> look

peekoo -> peekaboo
banno -> piano
babow -> pillow
pig
pwease, pease -> please

wheat -> read, wait
wewy -> ready
ret -> red
nuckuh -> snuggle
oh, dink! - oh, stink! (oops... learned that from me!)

geck-you -> thank you
dere -> there
dey-it-is -> there it is!

dis -> this
ton, "ahhh" -> tongue, "ahhhh"
two, tee -> two, three
umm (as in, "Ummm, let me think about that")

whoa!
weckum -> you're welcome

I think Sarah's son has taught my boy practically half of his vocabulary!
He's definitely at the copycat stage, that's for sure!

6 comments:

Sarah said...

I'm so glad the boys are such great friends. Sorry if Isaac teaches him anything bad!! Hopefully, we will keep that from happening! :-)

Adele said...

This will be a great post to look back on for both you and Caleb!

Aliene said...

CHERISH THESE MOMENTS AND ALL THE CUTE LITTLE THINGS THAT HE DOES.
TIME PASSES SO FAST. wRITE DOWN EVERYTHING IN A BOOK. YOU THINK YOU WILL NEVER FORGET, BUT IN LATER YEARS WHEN YOU LOOK BACK YOU WILL BE REMINDED. GOD'S BLESSINGS ON YOUR LITTLE FAMILY

Kathy said...

This post is too cute!

Deborah said...

That was so fun to read! We have a little one turning two, and she will repeat everything our 12 year old says, so I told him to start saying things like ,"Praise the Lord, and hallelujah!" It's so cute to listen to her!

A HEART OF PRAISE said...

How cute!