10/22/08

Our Family

For our Pastor's birthday next month, all the families in the church were asked to help create a scrapbook for him. It took me forever (because y'all know I'm a procrastinator and a perfectionist. Not exactly a good combination...), but this is what I came up with.
It's not perfect -- that's glaringly obvious! But, it's us. It's heartfelt. It's finished.
When we first received our orders to [this base], we weren't sure what to think or expect. We'd been praying for the LORD's will though, so we knew this was where God wanted us.

The move marked many firsts for us newlyweds: first military PCS, first search for a new church home together, and -- oh yes -- first baby on the way!!! ;o)

Despite our initial concerns, everything has turned out even better than we could have ever imagined! We've grown so much here and are thankful to be part of such a wonderful church family ... our church family.

Happy Birthday, Pastor!

9 comments:

Rachel said...

Aw, it turned out so cute!

Mrs. C said...

Your pastor will love it! :)

Sarah said...

Great job -- I've been trying to tell you that you need to get into scrapbooking!! So, you're coming to my next Creative Memories Workshop right?? :-)

Tori said...

Aww, what a pretty family! I'm sure the pastor will love it!

Jenny said...

not bad Arlene! I think it looks very nice!

Sherry said...

It looks great!! :D Your pastor will love it!

Nikki said...

awesome job!!! Your a natural at scrapbooking!

Samantha said...

It looks great! I know you did this for your pastors birthday, but do you do any scrapbooking? I've gotten into it and then kind of lost my zeal. I'm hoping to start up again though.

Laura said...

Cute!!