11/10/08

Irony

A couple of you had asked about my airman's ring, and I've been meaning to do a follow up post ever since... but I kept forgetting. I couldn't wait until his birthday to give it to him, so as soon as the jeweler called and said it was ready, I picked it up and gave it to my honey the same day! I told you I'm no good with the waiting! He was very surprised, happy, and excited about it. :o)

Anyway, here's a little shot of our rings together. If you look carefully (click to enlarge the pic), you can see some of the engraving inside his wedding band.

I ended up going with "Many waters cannot quench love" from Song of Solomon 8:7. I thought it was fitting for us since, as a military couple, we have been {and will be} separated by many waters during our life together. A neat reminder, don't you agree? :o)

Oh, and did I mention?


It's been
less than a month since I've done the research, comparison shopping, sizing, and engraving for my airman's birthday
... guess what I found while cleaning the bathroom cabinets?

Seriously, go ahead. Think really hard.

Need some help?
Look closer...
Oh, the irony.

8 comments:

Mrs. C said...

NO WAY!!!

Laura said...

Ahhhhhhh!!! Of course you would find it after you already bought him a new ring. It always happens that way =)

Sherry said...

WOW! LOL!

The Nelson's said...

It always happens like that!

New Mom said...

Oh my goodness! I just had to laugh! I then had to go back and re-read your posts about the ring. Well, now you have a just- in-case ring-- and a good story to tell!

Michele said...

Oh WOW!!

Maybe you can let him choose which one he wants to wear and then you can wear the other one on a chain around your neck or something.

Nikki said...

Oh my! That is crazy! You could have it sized and wear it on your thumb...LOL

The women's ring in the first picture, not sure if it's yours, but it looks JUST like my ring!

Betty Beguiles said...

Of course! LOL!