11/21/08

Christmas Trains

So, did anyone notice that the Monday Musings post I put up earlier this week was actually published on Tuesday evening?! I didn't realize it until Wednesday after church! Oops!

No one pointed it out to me, though, so maybe I'm not the only one who doesn't know what day it is, LOL! ;o)

It's been a busy week so far. My airman has been off the past few days (working weekends again, so he's off during the early part of the week), and we've been trying to finish up that Christmas to-do list during that time. I've done a lot of wrapping, as you can see.

We've got just two more items to pick up, and one more package to wrap for mailing. It will be so nice to have everything done! Of course, I just remembered that there are several church Christmas activities to attend next month so we'll probably need to get something for those, as well. *sigh* Do you ever sometimes feel as if things never end? I guess that's just life!

As busy as we've been, we did find time (after the little man went to bed) to squeeze in a few rounds of Train -- yes, we finally have our very own game, courtesy of my parents! :o)

My honey christened the first game with a win, but I won the second. The two games we've played since then... um, well, he beat me badly. But I'm not posting those scores! ;o)

I'll probably get the expansion pack for one of his stocking stuffers -- don't tell him that, though! :o)

Hope everyone has a wonderful weekend -- just a few more days until Thanksgiving, can you believe it?! Since my airman is on weekend duty, that means he is working (a twelve hour shift) on Thanksgiving, but I'm thankful that he's not working nights, I'm thankful that a family from church invited us over, and I'm thankful that my honey will join us after he gets off of work. I guess I should say I'm thankful he's still here, too! :o)

Anyway, off to finish up some baking; I'm working on Pumpkin Cream Cheese Muffins and Apple Crisp. Yum!

6 comments:

Laura said...

Busy, busy girl!!

I couldn't post Brandon's Christmas gifts on my blog because he reads it like every day! If not more than once, haha.

I have no idea what this Train game is. I might have to look in to it for our friends. They love games.

Michele said...

I never know the date--I would have noticed if you had the day along with the date on your posts but with only the date I didn't notice. (o;

Sarah said...

So, do you like playing two player on the "train game"?? You know me -- I DO NOT!! Jason always beats me -- I enjoy 5 player much better (especially since I have the most wins -- lol)!

Can't wait to have pumpkin muffins and apple crisp tonight!

Sherry said...

I've never heard of the Train game either. Hmmm! I bought the game Quelf for our family. It is a blast! :D

Glad you will be able to still spend some of Thanksgiving with hubby.

yeah on pumpkin cream cheese muffins!! I was thinking of making some little pumpkin cream cheese breads for those guests that come on Thanksgiving. :D

Under Southern Skies said...

Do you think you could post the recipe for the Pumpkin Cream Cheese muffins? Please! :)

Arlene said...

Amy, I have posted the link above so you can click through to the recipe. But, since you asked so nicely, I'll send you the link, as well. :o)