12/11/08

Off we go

As soon as My Airman gets off of work tonight, we'll be loading up and heading off to Kansas. I'm so excited to see some of our friends that we haven't seen in years! We have been trying to see them since we all moved back Stateside, but one thing or another kept getting in the way. Finally, it is working out -- praise the Lord!

We're heading over because the H's are retiring from the Air Force and the ceremony is tomorrow afternoon. I had just started my blog when I wrote about seeing them off at the airport. We'll also be able to catch up with three other families we knew in Misawa. We haven't seen Sherry and her family since we moved from Japan almost two years ago (where does the time go?!), and they are generously allowing us to stay with them during our visit. {Military life is good (at least, this aspect of it), as we are rarely in want for a place to stay -- we have friends all over! :o)} One other family is coming over that we haven't seen since their move shortly after we were married. And, lastly, one guy we knew from when we were all in the "singles" group is now married and he and his wife are stationed there, as well.

It's an FBC reunion of sorts!

Have I mentioned that we're excited? Because, we definitely are!

None of them have met the little man, so they're excited about that. About half of the kids were my "students" when I worked at our church's academy, so I'm eager to see how much they've grown. I'm sure they're all taller than me, though... definitely not looking forward to hearing the jokes about that! ;o)

Anyway, here I sit, typing away... but what I really should be doing is packing and tidying up! Um, can you say "procrastinator"? *ahem*

We should be back sometime on Saturday, but I'm not sure when I'll post next, as my man surprised me by taking a week of leave starting Monday! Woo-hoo!

Do you know, since we've been married, we haven't taken any leave just for ourselves? {we didn't even have a honeymoon (not that I'm complaining, I promise!)} Every time we've used leave it's been to visit family or because family was coming or because, you know, we had a baby. All good reasons to be sure, but it was so wonderful of my honey to take some leave for us and at the same time, for no reason at all... just so we can all be together.

Boy, I certainly do interrupt myself a lot.
And use parentheticals a lot.
Um, and talk a lot.

Have you noticed this about me yet? :P

All that to say, I've turned on comment moderation, but don't be surprised if you don't hear from me until after my airman returns to work! :o)

10 comments:

Jenny said...

So Lindsay and I were talking tonight and we are completely JEALOUS!! have fun and be careful!

liz said...

Enjoy your time with friends. What a blessing. =) My hubby and I have been married almost 7 years and have never taken leave except to visit family either. We keep saying we are going to, but you know how that is.

Michele said...

Have a great trip!

And enjoy your time with your airman. (o:

Mrs. C said...

Enjoy your time away catching up with good friends. :)

Laura said...

Oh, I am so jealous you get to see everybody from Faith again!!

Brandon is on leave right now for no reason, and I love it!

Have fun and be safe!

Under Southern Skies said...

I hope you all have a nice time! It sounds fun and interesting! :)

Tee said...

You all have a safe travels and just enjoy yourself and by the way thanks for tips on our blog. You know we love you guys. Take care and if you get this in time tell everyone we said hello.

Tori said...

Oh Arlene, I hope you have a wonderful time reminiscing with your friends. I know they'll love "little man" he's so cute!

have a safe trip and enjoy yourself!

A Heart of Praise said...

Sounds like it will be fun! I hope you all have a good time! :)

A Heart of Praise said...

There is an award for you over on my blog. :)