12/18/08

Good to be home!

Well, I thought I would pop in to let everyone know we made it home safely from our trip last weekend. We had a blast, by the way! It was so much fun to see so many of our old friends again and we had a great time together.

Everyone fell in love with my little man (of course ;) lol) and he grew very attached to Sherry's kids Jeffrey and Kaycee (pictured left). On the way home, he called for "Deffy" and "Keezy" several times and cried when I said they were gone in Kansas. :o(

He's mentioned them since we've been back, and I always tell him they're at their house. He replies, "Keezy's house? Go car?" (as far as I can tell, I believe he's asking if we can get in the car and go to Kaycee's house -- awww!)

The retirement ceremony went really well, and I even helped Sherry with the final decorations for the reception cake... but I'm definitely not taking any credit for how beautifully it turned out! That's all her! :o)

Unfortunately, I don't have any pictures from that time, as both Sherry and I left our cameras at the house -- ugh! Amie' is supposed to email us both some copies after they get settled into their new place, and I'm definitely looking forward to seeing how those group shots turned out.

Before leaving, we passed on our love of trains with Sherry and the family. The best part (okay, one of the best parts, hehehe) was that Sherry sent us home with a whole pan of homemade cinnamon rolls (which we reluctantly shared with some of our friends here ;o) LOL)... sadly, there are none left! They were delicious, though -- way better than Cinnabon, I'll tell you that much! :o)

It was so wonderful to see many of our friends again, and we are extremely glad that we decided to make the trip. Thank you again, Sherry, for opening your home and sharing your family with us. Hopefully, we'll be able to do it again sometime! :o)

Anyway, we are just trying to enjoy the rest of this week off before my honey returns to work. I think we are completely and totally done with Christmas presents and cards, so now we can just sit back and relax.

Oh, wait. I take that back... we still have to finish up the plans for our bus kids' Christmas party and then we can relax. Well, until something else comes up, that is. ;o)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so glad you guys had a great time; thank you so much for sharing your family with us by sending us a Christmas card and photo. You all take care and have a Merry Christmas; God Bless you guys and we love you all dearly.

Richard & Tee

Michele said...

I'm glad you had such a lovely time! (o:

Grace said...

Glad to hear you got home safe. It sounds like you had a fun trip. We're planning on leaving tomorrow to spend the weekend with family.We're just hoping and praying that the weather is okay...we're supposed to get a foot of snow tonight, along with some ice:(

Laura said...

Still jealous!! LOL

Sherry said...

I just now saw this post. We had a great time with y'all, too! :D It was a pleasure getting to fellowship with y'all again.