1/15/09

Haiku on the brain

Missing my airman,
I run to pick up the phone...
But it isn't him.

Might have something to do with Shannon's contest from last week. I didn't enter, of course, but fragments of haiku keep running through my head.

My airman is supposed to arrive at his base sometime today or tomorrow, and obviously I'm very eager to hear from him. I jump every time the phone rings and want to yell at the telemarketers -- "Don't you know you're tying up the line and my husband might be calling?!" Fortunately, I have some common sense left, and I'm able to refrain from doing so. :o)

Four months... One hundred and twenty days... maybe if I think of it in terms of days it won't seem so long? *sigh* I'm not so good with the waiting...

11 comments:

Laura said...

Aww, Im sorry I called you about stupid chicken stock!!! :(

You should have entered the haiku contest, Im sure you would have won!!

Kristi said...

Oh, you sweet thing! I'm sorry you'll be missing him for so long.

Maybe you could make a paper chain to help you count down the days. lol

~Kristi

Mrs. C said...

Oh, I'm sure you miss him bunches already! I'll be praying extra for you over the next few months.
((Hugs))

Jenny said...

Praying for you girl! I know its hard and we military wives have to BE STRONG! Love u

Brittney said...

AAWWWW, it is SO HARD, isn't it??? This morning my phone rang and for a fleeting moment I thought it just might be my darling.... My heart sunk when it was somebody else. It's pathetic too, because it was somebody that I happen to really like, but just the hope that it might be my husband and the disappointment that it wasn't was very sad. Praying for you!

Michele said...

Bless your heart......

{{{Hugs}}}

Nikki said...

aw, praying for you! I know how that feels.

fourhisglory said...

I'm sorry.

I know how you feel though. My DH left on Sunday and will be gone for 240 days. :-(

It is so hard to go through things like this and I have really had a hard time with it this time. I know the Lord is with me, but I just have to learn to lean on Him more.

I will keep you and your family in my prayers.

Sherry said...

Praying for you, Arlene, for God's comfort and strength for your family through this. :D

fourhisglory said...

Just stopping by to see how you are doing. I tried sending an e-mail, but it wouldn't open up for me to send.

roanne said...

Hey, girl, I hope you and Caleb are doing okay with Nathan being gone. Just remember that you've already done at least one and the first deployment is always the hardest. Just stay busy and before you know, those 4 months will have passed and he'll be back in your arms! Until then, you have great friends and family who care about you! XOXO